• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Down With Donors

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
In 8 months, I have been kicked under 25 times. My Internet is probably about average. I'll just be frank: deal with it. The donor crisis will die down soon.

xNja277

Spectator
Reaction score
I understand your guys' points. To keep the servers running you need Donors but to kick people out of lobbies is a little unfair. A better idea would be to let the Donors join in on full servers but the non-donors wouldnt get kicked. And I know that you'll think that the servers wont be able to hold all those people. Well in you let the Donors in and let the non-donors not get kicked make a maximum limit of the amount of Donors that can join a full server. Lets just say that the maximum capacity on players is 24 as it is now. Anyone can join, donors or non-donors. Once the server is filled up Donors could get into the lobby until there is 35 players which would Donors 11 extra slots if they didnt get in the lobby. I'm not trying to hate on the Donors but maybe subtract a little bit of their power. This may be confusing but to me it seems like a good change. Instead of kicking non-donors, let the Donors have more availability to join into servers than the non-donors have. That is just my opinion and suggestion on how they should change around the Donors accessabilitily to all the servers.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I understand your guys' points. To keep the servers running you need Donors but to kick people out of lobbies is a little unfair. A better idea would be to let the Donors join in on full servers but the non-donors wouldnt get kicked. And I know that you'll think that the servers wont be able to hold all those people. Well in you let the Donors in and let the non-donors not get kicked make a maximum limit of the amount of Donors that can join a full server. Lets just say that the maximum capacity on players is 24 as it is now. Anyone can join, donors or non-donors. Once the server is filled up Donors could get into the lobby until there is 35 players which would Donors 11 extra slots if they didnt get in the lobby. I'm not trying to hate on the Donors but maybe subtract a little bit of their power. This may be confusing but to me it seems like a good change. Instead of kicking non-donors, let the Donors have more availability to join into servers than the non-donors have. That is just my opinion and suggestion on how they should change around the Donors accessabilitily to all the servers.
The way you are suggesting. You would get games of 35 people on maps for 24? :confused: That would not work, As much as I hate to get kicked(I've been a regular player for quite some time). There won't be something different.

A lot will change when the 48 servers come back. I know its hard for regular players. But I've seen enough regulars saying that they can easily join and almost never get kicked

xNja277

Spectator
Reaction score
The way you are suggesting. You would get games of 35 people on maps for 24? :confused: That would not work, As much as I hate to get kicked(I've been a regular player for quite some time). There won't be something different.

A lot will change when the 48 servers come back. I know its hard for regular players. But I've seen enough regulars saying that they can easily join and almost never get kicked
What im trying to say is that you could change the maximum limit of people to whatever number and only allow it to be filled up by however many non-donors and the donors can fill up the other slots the non-donors dont have acess to.

OrangeTrees

Tribute
Reaction score
How about the administration sets up some donor/mod-only servers? Donors or moderators can then play on either the private or the public servers without having the feature to kick normal players. The public servers may still fill up fast but at least once you get into a game, you can stay there. imo, it's a worse feeling getting kicked by a donor than not getting into the server at all

Dozer

Survivor
Reaction score
How about the administration sets up some donor/mod-only servers? Donors or moderators can then play on either the private or the public servers without having the feature to kick normal players. The public servers may still fill up fast but at least once you get into a game, you can stay there. imo, it's a worse feeling getting kicked by a donor than not getting into the server at all
Already suggested, probably not.

OrangeTrees

Tribute
Reaction score
^ It seems like the most logical solution. Other massively hosted servers do the same thing, e.g. MineZ's system

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Donor games wouldn't fill up most of the time, At least in the EU. I see around 2-5 donors every game, a lot of donors would play on the regular servers to play with their friends who don't have donor. These idea's are good. But they won't work. If Donors only have donor only server they won't donate to the servers because it doesn't make a difference when they want to play on the normal servers.

I wish there was a way to make it more easy for non-donors to join and stay in the games. But the chances are very low that there will change anything in the way how it works. the tip I will give you is try to get used to joining quick, as a donor I sometimes join as the first player. You can also do that.

And else if that won't work. Donate if you're able to,

munchinmango

Tribute
Reaction score
In 8 months, I have been kicked under 25 times. My Internet is probably about average. I'll just be frank: deal with it. The donor crisis will die down soon.
I got kicked 37 times today... hence me getting mad and forking over 15 australian dollars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci