• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Downfall of Mcgamer?

J

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer will not die down for about another year or two at least. MCGamer is still thriving, sure we may have lost some players over the years and right now it's not looking too good, but that's because players have gone to school, college, universities, etc. or they could also be focusing on other stuff more important than a simple block game. We still have more generations to come and seeing how the next generation will be showered with many technology, I can safely say that MCGamer will lose some players but gain some in the future.

As for iBeat, he never really got any players to join MCGamer, if he did, it was only a select few. Most people who watch MCSG Youtubers already play on our servers and the people who didn't probably came to Huahwi first then to iBeat as he was mostly famous for his video of killing Huahwi.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
In all honesty there is no reason MCGamer would be shutting down any time soon? Are there other servers out there that are more successful than we are? Of course, but this isn't a competition. We still have a large player base (which admittedly isn't quite as large as it was 18 months ago) but we're still going strong and there are grounds to say MCGamer is dying.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
lol iBeat. He hates me for no reason.

Anyways MCGamer/MCSG has been through so much worse, and tbh, I think that even if all this is going down, we should still be fine. Tbt to when we lost 2 amazing admins within a couple months, or when Col left, or when a lot of big youtubers left. There's been a lot, but right now, it's pretty minor compared to what we've been through.

Alloy

Experienced
Reaction score
The name of your thread is "Downfall of MCGamer", what were you incinuating then?
I don't rlly see the need for this kind of question, if you read the thread, you'd know what he wanted to say. So no need for this kind of question anyway lmao

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
Some people have left, people have realised the bad mistakes of a few staff members recently (the ones involved with iBeat's ban) and now everyone have jumped to the conclusion that mcsg is dying, I think the people saying it's dying are bringing it down more than anyone else.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
Everything has to come to an end but I really don't feel like MCGamer will any time soon. There are lots of people who still enjoy playing. I personally would enjoy playing still if I could. There is always going to be reasons a server could shutdown and losing a mediocre YouTuber is not one of them. c:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Reactions: Lis

Creper_face

Career
Reaction score
This is a interesting topic but my thoughts on it are is that yes MCGamer is losing players but you have to think it's also gaining players at the same time now it is losing more players then gaining them but behind every action there is a reason but then again you have to understand MCGamer has been thorough a lot I don't personally think It's the community's fault I think it's the staff's fault no offence, because way back in the staff team was a little bit mature then it is today especially because I don't see the staff team doing anything to prevent thing for example people refer MCGamer as "mcsg" and there is a very good reason behind that because MCGamer is known for survival games and it always will be and I have no clue as to what Chad and the rest of the development team were thinking of keeping these other mini games if no one will play them there is battlegrounds that does get some players but if MCGamer wants to stay alive they need to step their game up by making the staff hiring process twice as hard as far as far as the server is concerned the development team needs to really focus on pvp type game-modes such as factions,1v1 etc and if something is not popular and it does not get played do not keep doing it because there is no point to that your just losing server-space that you could be using for much better things and one last thing about the hole old players leaving the server if you've played minecraft for a long time you would understand that it is not that fun anymore because you've experienced most things that minecraft has to offer and you are not all that interested in it that's why many people switch to CS:GO or League of Legends because it's something new and it has that competitive nature anywho thats just my take on it I don't mean any offence to the staff team by the way.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
If we die we die, ive made so many great friends and in the end thats all that matter, you can always play other games :).
MCGamer will not die down for about another year or two at least. MCGamer is still thriving, sure we may have lost some players over the years and right now it's not looking too good, but that's because players have gone to school, college, universities, etc. or they could also be focusing on other stuff more important than a simple block game. We still have more generations to come and seeing how the next generation will be showered with many technology, I can safely say that MCGamer will lose some players but gain some in the future.

As for iBeat, he never really got any players to join MCGamer, if he did, it was only a select few. Most people who watch MCSG Youtubers already play on our servers and the people who didn't probably came to Huahwi first then to iBeat as he was mostly famous for his video of killing Huahwi.
Being here from 2012 its sad but amazing seeing your self and everyone else grow up around you. People will move on if its going to school, getting a job, or paying other games, its life.
lol iBeat. He hates me for no reason.

Anyways MCGamer/MCSG has been through so much worse, and tbh, I think that even if all this is going down, we should still be fine. Tbt to when we lost 2 amazing admins within a couple months, or when Col left, or when a lot of big youtubers left. There's been a lot, but right now, it's pretty minor compared to what we've been through.
He's a little kid, I guess we all where once. (I still act like one ;))

Anyway wanna know the solution? UNBAN BAJAN!

TristanCode

Spectator
Reaction score
Guys, it's not happening, A server with 2847 players online will not die anytime soon.. Stop wasting time on this thread and go enjoy the game :) !

exAryu

Experienced
Reaction score
A play from the Nexus called, "BajanCanadian" won 3 times in a row in Badlion -,-

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
In terms of having any players, I don't think MCSG will die for at least another year or so. However, the community and the game have already died to me and many others already. I rarely see anyone I recognize from 2012/2013 anymore and slowly but surely the game is completely changing, probably for the worse. Old, big maps are slowly being weeded out and being replaced with small, new maps that don't require much strategy and all look really generic. Old YouTubers are gone and new ones are in. Everything just feels different around here. In general the community used to have more of a positive attitude, and I most definitely can't say that now.

So basically, MCSG isn't dead, but at the same time it is dead.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci