• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Effects of the leaderboard reset?

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
I would like to see what you guys think about the effects of the announcement, and the actual lb reset.

I think that the announcement of the reset brought upon us a large amount of the problems most of the players still face.

1. Large amounts of teams became another thing, as well as big teams like teams of 3+ outside of clans.
2. A lot more hackers which i think mcsg tried to combat by updating to 1.8, seeing as how there wheren't many hacked clients at the time.
3. People complaining about staff not listening. Ever since then, a lot of the people have been really angry at staff and are finding a reason to blame. Now, I'm not saying I agree with everything, but some of them are better than what we say. Ceroria is the first person to come to mind, but there are some good mods.
4. Huge uproar, almost as bad as the clan rules thread.
Now the actual reset.

1. BOOSTING. A lot of people boosted before, but that was just purely for the stats (COUGH ISUQ LEZZBEHONEST). Now, people boosted to get to the top (GoldEllipse is first to come to mind with real evidence, not controversial boosting like croe or jordyy. AFistOfSteel is also someone most people agree boosts, but I can't say.)
2. Even more teams! Now I took a good 5-6 month break due to teams, but when I came back it was even worse.
3. Toggling. I can't find any evidence, but people have complained on the forums before so yeah.

Let me know what you guys thought of these, and the effects on the server.

J

District 13
Reaction score
1. Teaming has always been here, Fireworks did a statistics about teaming as well which can be found here. The reason it may have risen is because we are growing more and more. Also, as Ceroria has stated before, back in 2012/2013ish, the AS servers shut down and so all the Asians that played on that server migrated to the US and had teams of 4+.

2. Hackers were always a problem, they were here before and they are still here. The reason to this is probably the same as the first one, we are growing as a server.

3. Staff does listen, however we don't listen to people just complaining "BAN HACKERS, BAN TEAMERS, MODS SUCK, etc." we listen to opinions that are though out, either good or bad, we always take them into consideration.

4. Just saying... the leaderboard reset was voted as a yes by the majority of the community. Also, I don't understand, we kept your legacy stats? So in a way there was a reset and there wasn't.

Boosting - As always, it has been a problem before as well, the only reason why people are just complaining about it now is most likely because they're jealous of a 'randy' being first. Even croe97 has been accused of boosting, now this part is not from a staff POV but a member POV. If croe did boost, don't you believe he would've gotten demoted as he broke a rule? He plays on AU and teams with Vanessa, so what? He's just having fun with another player, plus Vanessa is US... croe is AU, croe is more skilled at PvP, Vanessa is bad :p

Teaming - Answered it in the 1st one.

Toggling - Again! Toggling has been here before but people are just now complaining about them.

It's like teaming, boosting, hacking, and toggling are all new. They're not, they have always been here before. I can assure you this is not an effect of the leaderboard update, all of these have been here before, but for some reason, more people have just started to complain about it :/

Anyways, sorry for my rant but too many threads like this have been made and it just irritates me at times.

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
1. Teaming has always been here, Fireworks did a statistics about teaming as well which can be found here. The reason it may have risen is because we are growing more and more. Also, as Ceroria has stated before, back in 2012/2013ish, the AS servers shut down and so all the Asians that played on that server migrated to the US and had teams of 4+.

2. Hackers were always a problem, they were here before and they are still here. The reason to this is probably the same as the first one, we are growing as a server.

3. Staff does listen, however we don't listen to people just complaining "BAN HACKERS, BAN TEAMERS, MODS SUCK, etc." we listen to opinions that are though out, either good or bad, we always take them into consideration.

4. Just saying... the leaderboard reset was voted as a yes by the majority of the community. Also, I don't understand, we kept your legacy stats? So in a way there was a reset and there wasn't.

Boosting - As always, it has been a problem before as well, the only reason why people are just complaining about it now is most likely because they're jealous of a 'randy' being first. Even croe97 has been accused of boosting, now this part is not from a staff POV but a member POV. If croe did boost, don't you believe he would've gotten demoted as he broke a rule? He plays on AU and teams with Vanessa, so what? He's just having fun with another player, plus Vanessa is US... croe is AU, croe is more skilled at PvP, Vanessa is bad :p

Teaming - Answered it in the 1st one.

Toggling - Again! Toggling has been here before but people are just now complaining about them.

It's like teaming, boosting, hacking, and toggling are all new. They're not, they have always been here before. I can assure you this is not an effect of the leaderboard update, all of these have been here before, but for some reason, more people have just started to complain about it :/

Anyways, sorry for my rant but too many threads like this have been made and it just irritates me at times.
Uh, I wasn't complaining dude. Just talking about stuff that did arise from the LB reset/announcement of it.\

edit: They aren't necessarily new, but they increased significantly due to it.

J

District 13
Reaction score
Uh, I wasn't complaining dude. Just talking about stuff that did arise from the LB reset/announcement of it.\

edit: They aren't necessarily new, but they increased significantly due to it.
They may have, may have not, we can't just assume the leaderboard update is the reason for it, but anyways sorry if you took offense to my previous post, there have been many people complaining about this and I thought you were another one :p

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
1. MCGamer did not update to 1.8 just to get rid of the hackers. They updated because it was the newest version of Minecraft.
2. AFistOfSteel is banned now anyway so ye.

Last edited:

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
They may have, may have not, we can't just assume the leaderboard update is the reason for it, but anyways sorry if you took offense to my previous post, there have been many people complaining about this and I thought you were another one :p
No problem, but I just noticed this happened around that time, may have been coincidental.

FreddyBones

Career
Reaction score
Umm... all the Asian players are gone.

Zophyrus

Survivor
Reaction score
1. MCGamer did nog update to 1.8 just to get rid of the hackers. They updated because it was the newest version of Minecraft.
2. AFistOfSteel is banned now anyway so ye.
no he's not. check the lb's

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It just resulted in a lot of "grey area" play. Things like sort-of boosting, use of less detectable hacked clients, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci