• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events/ Tournaments

Dantelius

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I say we do something with points..
Reset all the points for the tourney and whoever has the most within the set time period wins. There would be no bountying, obviously.

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe a referral contest? Get new friends on sg and when they join for the first time, /refer [ign] and the top 10 referrers get iron donor? Just a thought
RIch people would just make alts :p
I say we do something with points..
Reset all the points for the tourney and whoever has the most within the set time period wins. There would be no bountying, obviously.
I love this idea

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
Uhc :eek: - sorry if this has been mentioned already but I couldn't look through 124 posts, especially with my dyslexia ;-;

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm keeping track of the top-requested events; only votes in which the poster explicitly states that they want to see something have been tallied in order to prevent ambiguity.

The top 5 events are as follows:
- SG Game Tournament: 11 votes
- Creative Build Contest/Map Making Contest: 11 votes
- UHC Tournament: 6 votes
- MCSG/Generic Trivia Games: 5 votes
- 1v1 Tournaments: 5 Votes

In my personal opinion, the easiest (based on the manpower, resources, and skills necessary to operate) and most worthwhile events to actually organize would be the following:
- Creative Build Contest
- MCSG/Generic Trivia Games
- CS:GO Tournament
- MC-related/Generic Debates
- Speech Nights
- VIP Q&As

I'll see if I can organize some of these for next week or sometime in April. The TeamSpeak ones shouldn't be so hard, but the game-related ones will be the most difficult. Any gametype that requires a custom plug-in, such as UHC, will obviously require some more time and effort to organize.

Any staff who's interested in helping organize or moderate these events, please contact me. Email is preferred.

A note on Clan Wars/1v1 Tourneys:
While they are very popular with the community, those events are inherently risky due to their competitive nature. We're willing to do them, but in order to prevent drama and lessen the likelihood of outcry and accusation of hacks, a lot of manpower is required for such events. As such, we would choose to take our time making the necessary preparations for events such as those, rather than jump right into them akin to how many player-run clan-vs-clan games operate. But don't forget that such clan interaction has always been something we've wanted to pursue.
Col pls UHC is a must. It's not too hard to host either; you can use all the plungins they use for reddit UHCs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ApvktAaejBHqdGtyaEgxZEVkdnZrOURxS2NDcmE3OEE

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Some of these may have been suggested before, but eh 12 pages to read? No thank you.
Firstly Civ 5 games/tournaments, I know several people play, and I was planning on doing one back when I was staff, but it never materialised.

Build battles, so y'know how clans get clan wars? It would be the same kind of thing but for build teams, or just individuals. give the team an hour to build something, compare who's is better etc. It would help lesser known teams get on the ladder.

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
Build battles, so y'know how clans get clan wars? It would be the same kind of thing but for build teams, or just individuals. give the team an hour to build something, compare who's is better etc. It would help lesser known teams get on the ladder.
I like this idea

Reaction score
This needs to happen....

I would hope for a DOTA 2 tourney, but im guessing more people play LoL ( and maybe Smite) :c
I have been playing Smite since its Alpha, but I have quit. I had 12 Dota keys though, but they got deleted :(. But I still have one copy, and I already have LoL too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci