• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Failed to resolve hostname(Add server option)/Unknown Host(Direct Connect Option) Error

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi! Ive been unable to connect to the mcsg servers recently , basically when i use the direct connect option it says unkown host while when i add the server and i try to let it load its says unknown host , much like the problem in this thread[http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...cant-resolve-hostname-connecting-error.23454/].Ive tried all the common solutions like this[http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/cant-resolve-hostname-fix.17539/] and alot of other stuff through google, but none of that works (so please dont give simple anwsers which everyone already knows(no i didnt mistype the ip or add spaces etc)).

Out of curosity i decided to add about 50 servers into my minecraft server list, all with dynamic ips . About 90% of the servers responded without the error and while servers such as (mcsg and trouble in terrorists town) got the unable to resolve hostname error.

I have recently upgraded my broadband plan with certain ridiculous issues (such as port forwarding not working) but im quite sure it would not hinder a basic function like this , even more so that i was able to connect to the mcsg servers on a few ocassions after upgrading .

Help is very much appreciated thanks in advance ;)

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
Nah, Subversion is the Head of the Dev team :p.
Also; Welcome to MCSG! :D
umm so what am i supposed to do now ? is this such a hard problem ? ive poked around the forums and seen a few people with what i think are similar problems

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wait :3. Message a member of staff. You can find them by clicking "home", and scrolling down a bit and looking to the right.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes. Almost every matter is important to a mod.

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
a relatively new one i bought a few months back its a hp pheonix h9-1195d

d4rkyy

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm going to guess it's not a computer problem, and it's really a router problem. Try asking your parents if your connection has it's complete access. It's hard to understand what I'm saying, but I think your router has connection problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci