• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Failed to resolve hostname(Add server option)/Unknown Host(Direct Connect Option) Error

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
do you mean i have to sign up for openDNS? I can get onto every other server on minecraft but this one. Isn't there another way? Is it a router problem?
No I dont think you need to sign up just click on router and follow the tutorials . And thats the thing im curious about , ive played a wide variety of games with no problems and it so happens that I cant connect to few minecraft servers such as this one , it really puzzles me .

fredthatsweird

Spectator
Reaction score
So I had the same problem as you and just went ahead and followed the tutorial that was linked a while back. All I had to do was sign up and it told me how to jiggle with the DNS settings and stuff. Idk why that was needed, but things seems to be working well on my end.

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
So I had the same problem as you and just went ahead and followed the tutorial that was linked a while back. All I had to do was sign up and it told me how to jiggle with the DNS settings and stuff. Idk why that was needed, but things seems to be working well on my end.
thing is I already followed the tutorial exactly but things did not work thats why im posting here .

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
This is the last time ill be bumping this thread , but ive tried a few other methods and cant find anything that works :S

YoutubaHD

Survivor
Reaction score
SOLUTION
Sorry to see that you are having this problem go here: https://store.opendns.com/setup/ and use this program, once it is downloaded DO NOT RUN IT YET. Go to your windows button and type "cmd" without the quotations and press enter. After you have done that type in "ipconfig" look for Wireless LAN adapter wireless network connection:​
Look for ipv4 adress, write that number down including the dots. After that, type in IP chicken on Google.com , after you have done that it should be the first link to pop up. Copy and paste the Ip it gives you into your seach bar at the top. After that you will need to unplug your Router and/or modem. Wait 30 seconds and plug them back in or only your modem if that's all you have and wait 30 seconds again. Now, go back to cmd and type ipconfig and see if that number has changed. If it did that is a good thing, if it is the same, retry unplugging your Router and or Modem. If it did change, go to ip chicken and see if that ip has changed, if it did not, that is also a good thing. If it did change try unplugging your modem and or router and check again for the 2 Ip addresses. If they have changed you have successfully reset your ip and subnet mask, which should now allow you to connect to the survival games. If this did not work PM me for more help. Hope this helps! The reason I had you download it was in case this fix did not help you and you PM me, I can help you further if this does not help.​

someoneonly

Spectator
Reaction score
SOLUTION
Sorry to see that you are having this problem go here: https://store.opendns.com/setup/ and use this program, once it is downloaded DO NOT RUN IT YET. Go to your windows button and type "cmd" without the quotations and press enter. After you have done that type in "ipconfig" look for Wireless LAN adapter wireless network connection:​
Look for ipv4 adress, write that number down including the dots. After that, type in IP chicken on Google.com , after you have done that it should be the first link to pop up. Copy and paste the Ip it gives you into your seach bar at the top. After that you will need to unplug your Router and/or modem. Wait 30 seconds and plug them back in or only your modem if that's all you have and wait 30 seconds again. Now, go back to cmd and type ipconfig and see if that number has changed. If it did that is a good thing, if it is the same, retry unplugging your Router and or Modem. If it did change, go to ip chicken and see if that ip has changed, if it did not, that is also a good thing. If it did change try unplugging your modem and or router and check again for the 2 Ip addresses. If they have changed you have successfully reset your ip and subnet mask, which should now allow you to connect to the survival games. If this did not work PM me for more help. Hope this helps! The reason I had you download it was in case this fix did not help you and you PM me, I can help you further if this does not help.​
Ive tried restarting my router and modem , but the internal ip4 address remains unchanged even though i have not yet set a static ip

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci