• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fair Play Notice: Multi-Logging is Not Allowed

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
That didn't answer most of my questions...

Okay so playing simultaneously is a no-go; I get that. But what if two owners of an account do it unbeknownst to each other? If siblings share an account, will one have to wait for the other to get off before playing?

Instead of implementing a new rule, MCGamer should create a plugin that simply block the same account from joining the network at the same time; that'll be fully autonomous and prevent complications like the ones above.

This part causes questions like the following to arise:

And then the part of the thread I simply can't wrap my head around; it is simply idiotic.

This is basically creating a rule, and then punishing those who used it before the rule was implemented? Punishing those who abided by your rules?

And don't say something like "It was already a rule that shouldn't need to be spoken." I asked people like Vanicle (Sr. Staff), Ceroria, Eden | Radiant, and a whole bunch of other mods on MCGamer TS before this rule was implemented, and the general consensus was that it was allowed, so long as it doesn't get to a point of a publically available account.
I remember speaking to you once about the situation before there was this issue with multi logging. As stated several times, there is a difference between sharing an account and multilogging. I have only stated my views on sharing accounts and not logging in at one time to win games. At this point in time, there is not a rule against the sharing of accounts as long as you realize it is your own responsibility if something happens to it. However, there was nothing stated about logging into the account at the same time with several users playing games at once. This is now our official stance on it.

Also, we are creating this rule until a plugin is developed as Col mentioned in the original thread.

If you'd like to talk to me personally, feel free to DM me. If you have more questions, feel free to ask here!

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Well, what this is mainly trying to prevent is having multiple people get on one account, go into different regions, and then play small games, sometimes even with alts. If two people own an account but play fair then there is no foreseeable problem, which is what you brought up to us and we have the go-ahead on. Also, seeing as we had no knowledge that this rule was going to be implemented at the time, we told you what we knew based on what we had been told.
Okay. I get that. But since even staff members were unaware of this rule, it wouldn't be fair to punish those who performed "Multi-Logging" before the rule existed, right?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why not try and focus on actual cheaters and ban them first?
Hello! If you find someone breaking the MCGamer rules, please use /report while in-game, file a report abuse (use this template), or notify a staff on the Teamspeak server. Many are caught every day, but the process can go much faster when members help out!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't expect such a simple notice to become so complicated, so quickly. I had assumed that everyone would have supported fair play and fair competition, but it's clear to me now that some people have different definitions of what, "fair" is. And it doesn't help that there's apparently a bit of miscommunication and misinformation being shared as well.

I will regroup with the Sr. Staff and Administration on this matter, taking into consideration everything that was stated here. We might go through with this rule, we might not, or we might make some modifications. But people should expect to play fairly from here on out.
Because of this turn of events, we will put a halt on seeking punishments against those who have multi-logged until a decision is made and announced.

I do want to say this, however: if our network is supposed to foster competition, that competition needs to be fair on an individual basis. If we are to celebrate those at the top of the leaderboards, we should know that the people who got there did not depend on sketchy tactics to get there. And if we seek punishments for those with an unfair advantage- such as hacks, boosting, /killing, or glitch exploiting- in order to foster that fair competition, then we will be forced to challenge our values in order for us all to answer with the question, "what is considered fair?".

But in the mean time, I guess I'll use this thread as a platform for discussion:
What would you consider fair in the context of MCSG competitiveness? And furthermore, what should be considered unfair?

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Well, I didn't expect such a simple notice to become so complicated, so quickly. I had assumed that everyone would have supported fair play and fair competition, but it's clear to me now that some people have different definitions of what, "fair" is. And it doesn't help that there's apparently a bit of miscommunication and misinformation being shared as well.

I will regroup with the Sr. Staff and Administration on this matter, taking into consideration everything that was stated here. We might go through with this rule, we might not, or we might make some modifications. But people should expect to play fairly from here on out.
Because of this turn of events, we will put a halt on seeking punishments against those who have multi-logged until a decision is made and announced.

I do want to say this, however: if our network is supposed to foster competition, that competition needs to be fair on an individual basis. If we are to celebrate those at the top of the leaderboards, we should know that the people who got there did not depend on sketchy tactics to get there. And if we seek punishments for those with an unfair advantage- such as hacks, boosting, /killing, or glitch exploiting- in order to foster that fair competition, then we will be forced to challenge our values in order for us all to answer with the question, "what is considered fair?".

But in the mean time, I guess I'll use this thread as a platform for discussion:
What would you consider fair in the context of MCSG competitiveness? And furthermore, what should be considered unfair?
-I agree with the concept of people playing simultaneously being unfair; however, creating a rule leads to complications such as 2 people playing on the account simultaneously unbeknownst to the other. To fix this, instead of a rule, developers should implement a plugin in which if an account is already logged into the network, it rejects any logins from the same account with a message like:
"This account is already logged into the network; please change your account password if you are the true owner of the account."

Players should not be punished for actions made before the new formal rule post is made (so if staff decides to make this illegal, and someone used it before the new rule post is made, they should not be punished in any way). I thought this was a no-brainer; but apparently not, considering the wording on the original post.

Sharing accounts with a few friends should be allowed, with the above plugin.

Last edited:

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
-I agree with the concept of people playing simultaneously being unfair; however, creating a rule leads to complications such as 2 people playing on the account simultaneously unbeknownst to the other. To fix this, instead of a rule, developers should implement a plugin in which if an account is already logged into the network, it rejects any logins from the same account with a message like:
"This account is already logged into the network; please change your account password if you are the true owner of the account."

Players should not be punished for actions made before the new formal rule post is made (so if staff decides to make this illegal, and someone used it before the new rule post is made, they should not be punished in any way). I thought this was a no-brainer; but apparently not, considering the wording on the original post.

Sharing accounts with a few friends should be allowed, with the above plugin.
I completely agree with this
Like this post if you didn't know evermore was this smart!

Alkalize

Survivor
Reaction score
While so said "fair play" is "necessary" on MCSG, punishing prior players for past unspoken rules is kind of unfair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci