• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod Tactic. [How To]

Did You Find This Helpful?

• Total voters

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I use this Tactic & I know I am not the best at it, but sometimes I can easily kill someone using it without losing very many hearts. There are a few different ways to use it, I use all of them, even if I am not good at it. xD Because, you aren't gonna get better at it if you don't try!

Melee: When someone is running towards you, right click to throw out your Fishing Rod. This will stun so you can get the first couple of hits which if Technique repeated, you could smash someone with better stuff than you.

Flint & Steel: Hit the enemy with the fishing rod so you have room to place a Flint & Steel, and they should run straight into it.

Chasing: When you are chasing someone, hit them with the Fishing Rod to knock them into Walls/Blocks etc. This will mean you can catch up to them quickly which will save you ALOT of time.

Getting Chased: This one isn't as affective as the others, but still worth it. When someone is chasing you do a 360 and hit them to stuff up there sprint. This will work better if you do Lava Parkour or The Bridge on SG4 where you run across and turn around & hit them with the Fishing Rod into the Lava/Ravine etc.

Infinite Durability: When throwing out your Fishing Rod, Don't reel it back in, but instead switch to another item & then switch back to Fishing Rod (If you want to use it again) and it will lose no durability. I suggest not doing this too often because if you are learning Fishing Rod Tactic, it will just be harder & more complicated for you. But if you are confident, then fill free using it! ;)

These are just some of the Techniques, and I hope you Guy's learn't something! :) ;)

Feel free to Post any extra things that I could add, or just EPIC stuff! :D

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Nice thread. How about the infinite fishing rod trick? :p

You just right click to cast the line out, then scroll to another item in your hotbar and then scroll back to your fishing rod (if you wish to re-use it). The fishing rod then loses no durability.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice thread. How about the infinite fishing rod trick? :p

You just right click to cast the line out, then scroll to another item in your hotbar and then scroll back to your fishing rod (if you wish to re-use it). The fishing rod then loses no durability.
I know that! I will add that technique, and Thanks for your feedback! :D

Code220

Survivor
Reaction score
I know people who don't like them... But in the water as much as I hate being hit with them, I use them to knock people too so I can't complain... Keeps them away even if it's for a little while and might discourage them chasing you.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
I
I know people who don't like them... But in the water as much as I hate being hit with them, I use them to knock people too so I can't complain... Keeps them away even if it's for a little while and might discourage them chasing you.
I'll add that when I get on my computer!

GradeZeroGamer

Survivor
Reaction score
Its a shame the fishing rod will lose its purpose for PVP in 1.7 . I will be about 50% worse at PVP when this happens.

Slater

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure even noobs know how to use the fishing, just not well.

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Im pretty sure there is already a thread about this tactic, no copying threads here simo :eek: bad boy *Drags to naughty corner* stay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci