• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod Trick Removed in 1.7?

Do you think this a very important aspect of MCSG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
A sad day has come...

Recently I heard the fishing rod trick is going to be impossible due to new fishing mechanics in Minecraft 1.7. Word is that the bobber will no longer do damage to players preventing the “push-back” effect it currently has. I’ve not found any evidence directly from Mojang supporting this, other than this vague statement --

What do you think this will mean for MCSG? I think this will cause games to be much longer, and chases will take forever--not to mention it’s a tactic used by many 'pros' (for lack of better word). I’ve spent a long time trying to master this technique, and now they are removing it. And now I feel as though the game is going to be a lot harder without it, and I won’t find myself in situations where I can barely get away with the help of my trusty rod.

Again, the screenshot up there shows a very vague statement. Do you think it means what the rumor has been saying? How do you think it will affect the game?

Screenshot's Source:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features

-----------------------------------
EDIT:
-----------------------------------

Apparently, the fishing rod tactic will still work in 1.7, as seen from the results in this video I made.​

Thread Locked.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Hks

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think that statement means anything at this point and we shouldn't assume it does. Even if it does change Bukkit can probably put it back. We've already stopped rods from pulling people.

BSM built in and no fishing rod. Good job Jeb, you ruined the game!
I find this to be completely unfair. The entirety of BSM isn't even being put in, it will hardly be game breaking when everyone has it, and people have been complaining about it for ages. He does what a large group has wanted, and gets hated for it >.< The fishing rod is a largely baseless rumor anyway...

egoldo

Career
Reaction score
This is sad. ;-; Mojang just focuses on survival. Guess we fishing roders have to find another pvp tactic......

HugBabyBearBear

Experienced
Reaction score
A sad day has come...

Recently I heard the fishing rod trick is going to be impossible due to new fishing mechanics in Minecraft 1.7. Word is that the bobber will no longer do damage to players preventing the “push-back” effect it currently has. I’ve not found any evidence directly from Mojang supporting this, other than this vague statement --

What do you think this will mean for MCSG? I think this will cause games to be much longer, and chases will take forever--not to mention it’s a tactic used by many 'pros' (for lack of better word). I’ve spent a long time trying to master this technique, and now they are removing it. And now I feel as though the game is going to be a lot harder without it, and I won’t find myself in situations where I can barely get away with the help of my trusty rod.

Again, the screenshot up there shows a very vague statement. Do you think it means what the rumor has been saying? How do you think it will affect the game?

Screenshot's Source:

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features
It's
A
Bukkit
Feature
Not
A
Vanilla
Feature
Want to be positive?Go on vanilla,get fishing rod,hit yourself with it,it wont even touch you at all

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
BSM built in and no fishing rod. Good job Jeb, you ruined the game!
Another thing is that I don't believe Jeb is the one who actually did it. He may be leading development, but it was Dinnerbone who added both of these features from what I know. So no hatin' on Jeb! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci