• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FOV and Sensitivity!

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The fact that so many people play on quake makes me wonder...

I've tried it, I don't really see a difference...

GromodonisPlay

Survivor
Reaction score
FOV = 100
Sensitivity = 150
DPI on Mouse = 1600
Max DPI I can set = 500
Mouse = Razer Naga 2014

Casted_Lights

Tribute
Reaction score
FOV: 100
Sensitivity: 140% (This solely depends upon your mouse)

FOV hasn't really helped me see better but I personally think that FOV is just for aiming, especially for the bow. From my exprience FOV has only helped me become a better bow user.
Sensitivity is used to give you a better connection and feel with you mouse so you can actually feel the movement and make your aim precise, it's hard to explain but it is kinda true...derp :p
Both of the things are trial and error, the user needs to find his own unique comfy spot :3

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
FOV - 90. I find it a good balance between normal and quake. It gives me a good peripheral perspective while making minecraft still look somewhat normal.

Sensitivity - 90 with 1500 mouse DPI. In sensitivity I look for something that works with my hand movements. I like something that doesn't move around too much and is not too sensitive to the touch, however I do want something that can move quickly when I want it to which is why I like slightly slower sensitivity. 90 for me balances speed and control.

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
Total noob question, but how do you know what your mouse DPI is? (pls don't hurt me...)

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
FOV: Normal - Been like that since late alpha, so I'm quite used to it. I've tried quake pro but it makes Minecraft look odd and tends to give me a headache.

Sensitivity: 83% - No particular reason, I just put it there one day and I liked the speed it was at. (My mouse DPI is at it's max of it's 3 settings, not sure of a number or anything.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci