• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FPS Lag on 1.6? Try this!

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
Ok, I need help with this.
When I checked my programs, one of them was labelled "NVIDIA PhysX"
But when I check too see what Graphics Card I am using it says "Intel 4000"
Does this mean I have 2 graphics cards?
If I do how can I tell what NVIDIA graphics card am I using so I can install the driver to be able to open the NVIDIA Control Panel to reduce lag.
Halp ;_;
Then you follow the tutorial, if you have an Nvidia control panel then you have 2 graphics cards and the tutorial will tell you exactly what to do.
I think not! I have an intel graphics card and my pc runs minecraft at over 100 fps at render distance normal
Are you sure you haven't got 2 graphics cards, unless that is you're talking about some strange non-intergrated intel graphics card o_O
I am a computer expert, but my nvidia panel doesn't show the "Preferred graphics processor" thing. Everything else is though. Btw, I got a gt 630
Ok, first we don't need to know whether or not you're a computer expert, also are you sure you've checked everything throughout your control panel, maybe a screenshot would make it easier to show.

xMgdandme

Survivor
Reaction score
I need help with this... I have Catalyst, but I cannot locate it on the taskbar? I have to manually type in the name in the start menu... I am HORRIBLE with tech stuff... Halp?

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
I need help with this... I have Catalyst, but I cannot locate it on the taskbar? I have to manually type in the name in the start menu... I am HORRIBLE with tech stuff... Halp?
Then type in the start menu xD Then you should find it on the list of programs, from there just follow the tutorial

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Don't know why, but my Minecraft ((or my Java)) crashes whenever I try to play on SP worlds with the new launcher.

Acezmadnezz1

Tribute
Reaction score
I did that... That is why I needed help... There is no power option.
Please refer yourself to step 2:
Under "Power", navigate to "Switchable Graphics". If you do not see this option, this tutorial will likely not work for you.
I think your best option is to find a different tutorial.

lionkev55

Tribute
Reaction score
Then you follow the tutorial, if you have an Nvidia control panel then you have 2 graphics cards and the tutorial will tell you exactly what to do.

Are you sure you haven't got 2 graphics cards, unless that is you're talking about some strange non-intergrated intel graphics card o_O

Ok, first we don't need to know whether or not you're a computer expert, also are you sure you've checked everything throughout your control panel, maybe a screenshot would make it easier to show.

I am just saying I know about this stuff, Its odd its not there. My panel has everything in the 3d options, except the added tab that says the "pick processor" thing.

dognitro8

Survivor
Reaction score
I cant even find the NVIDIA thing, Is it because i have windows 8?

BaconUnicorn

Diamond
Reaction score
With the way the new Minecraft launcher works, the dedicated/more powerful GPU is not activated on machines with 2 GPUs for power saving, like laptops. Here's a way to force the more powerful GPU to be activated, and thus likely improve your framerate, if not improve it entirely.

DISCLAIMER: Minecraft Survival Games takes no responsibility for any issues that may be caused by this guide. Although this guide is not very likely to cause issues (besides reduced battery life while on battery), you take full responsibility for any issues that may occur by following this guide.

Section 1: Operating System
If you are on Windows, skip to Section 2: Windows.
If you are on Mac, skip to Section 3: Mac.

Section 2: Windows

1. Look on the right side of your taskbar for an icon that says "NVIDIA Control Panel", "Catalyst Control Center", "ATI Control Panel", "AMD Control Panel", or something similar.
  2. Based on the icon, skip to the appropriate section for your graphics card. If you have a NVIDIA card, skip to Section 2a. If you have an AMD/ATI card (this includes an icon that says "Catalyst Control Center"), skip to Section 2b.
Section 2a: NVIDIA

1. Open the "NVIDIA Control Panel".
  2. Under "3D Settings" on the left, navigate to "Manage 3D Settings".
  3. Under "Global Settings", change the "Preferred graphics processor" to "High-performance NVIDIA processor". If you do not see this option, this tutorial will likely not work for you.
  4. Save your settings, exit, and restart your computer.

Section 2b: AMD/ATI
  1. Open the "Catalyst Control Center".
  2. Under "Power", navigate to "Switchable Graphics". If you do not see this option, this tutorial will likely not work for you.
  3. Under "Choose a Graphics Processing Unit", click "High-performance GPU".
  4. Save your settings, exit, and restart your computer.

Section 3: Mac
Mac OS X makes switching to the dedicated GPU a lot easier.

1. Open "System Preferences".
  2. Click on "Energy Saver".
  3. Find "Automated graphics switching" and ensure it is unchecked. If you do not see this option, this tutorial will likely not work for you.
  4. Restart your computer.

I hope this works for anyone having issues! :D
I only have "control panel"

CthruME

Spectator
Reaction score
For those who have Intel. I know how to get your fps to boost.
First you need to open your Intel Control Panel. (in your regular Control Panel search Intel) and open the Intel Media and Graphics Control panel.
Then Select 3D.
On the top right, there is a slider, default it is in the center. Drag it to the right and hit appy and Ok.
Then select Power.
Plugged in should be the bottom of the 3 options. maximum Peformance
And in unplugged, Max battery life. Apply and Ok.
Run MineCraft and Close the Launcher when it is open. (do not minimize mc when it is in the start menu. it closes it out)
Hope it Helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci