• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Friends on this website instead of following?

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
Hi guys i had an idea which i think could bring the community closer and the website generally better, i don't really like the idea of being followed and following others its kinda dumb when people ask "Follow 4 a Follow?????" when there could be some sort of friend function. My idea is using an example from enjin where you send friend requests and your friends accept them(not too hard to understand) then you see when they are online and visa-versa. I find the current method of following is not too great i must say and i would like to see it changed to something else. I know that this change would cause website downtime and work for the developers however i think its a good idea, please comment your thoughts. Thank You

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I really like it, I think there should be a way to chat too, not just conversation,chat would just make it easier.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
In my Opinion thats a good idea, but i also like the "Follow" system. But this can only work if the developers, and the other staff agree with this idea. So i need to come to the point:
in my opinion the System with following is good. But your idea is good as well. So why dont we add the friend function, so we can follow and can have friends and see if they are online or not!
thats my opinion:D

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
I really like it, I think there should be a way to chat too, not just conversation,chat would just make it easier.
We had and IRC for a wile but it wasn't very popular. It was brought up in a thread a wile a go but I have no word on if there even considering bringing it back.

as for the friend thing, the follow option thing is almost the same thing. The difference would be your friend would half to accept it otherwise it would tell you the same thing as if you were following the person. But there might be ideas that could lead towards this. It would be interesting to see this implemented.

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
I see your point but I don't follow my friends and they don't follow me cause they wanna have as many followers as possible and least amount of people tat he followd

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think we should get notifications if a person we follows update's there status. Fail to people who follow 1000 people xD

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I see your point but I don't follow my friends and they don't follow me cause they wanna have as many followers as possible and least amount of people tat he followd
Well then they aren't very good friends. Get new ones, I hear Wal-Mart sells some pretty good friends. I was also told that they sell lives, but I've never wanted one of those.

I think this would be completely useless. It's fine the way it is, and this is just extra unnecessary work for the developers.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I think rather than this, some kind of icon pops up next to a players online status when they've posted a new thread, so people will follow those they actually wish to see threads and posts from >.<

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think rather than this, some kind of icon pops up next to a players online status when they've posted a new thread, so people will follow those they actually wish to see threads and posts from >.<
I agree. Instead of a friends list, why not make following people actually have an effect other than being a number? But I think instead of a notice when someone posts, how about an alert when one of the people you follow makes a new thread or a new status?

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree. Instead of a friends list, why not make following people actually have an effect other than being a number? But I think instead of a notice when someone posts, how about an alert when one of the people you follow makes a new thread or a new status?
I like Half's idea:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci