• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Friends on this website instead of following?

Claq

Career
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I think it's basically the exact same thing as Following? what benefits would you get from being friends and not following. In my opinion they are the exact same thing!

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree. Instead of a friends list, why not make following people actually have an effect other than being a number? But I think instead of a notice when someone posts, how about an alert when one of the people you follow makes a new thread or a new status?
If it was each time they posted, NO ONE would follow you Half. :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think we need both. It would just be useless.
Also, another reason not to do friend requests:
People could just start spamming you with friend requests (of course, you could block them like on skype, but that's mean) and that just gets annoying.

If it was each time they posted, NO ONE would follow you Half. :p
That's mean :p But so true. Like people that are in the Forum Games (not me anymore by the way. But Zeno I think I've proven my point :p).

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't think we need both. It would just be useless.
Also, another reason not to do friend requests:
People could just start spamming you with friend requests (of course, you could block them like on skype, but that's mean) and that just gets annoying.

That's mean :p But so true. Like people that are in the Forum Games (not me anymore by the way. But Zeno I think I've proven my point :p).
not mean at all. Legit truth, remember count to 500, me and you..?

250 alerts for each of your followers. xD

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
not mean at all. Legit truth, remember count to 500, me and you..?

250 alerts for each of your followers. xD
Wanna do it again? :p But yeah I get the point. Which is why I suggested only new threads and new statuses.

Claq

Career
Reaction score
Like, Half said; having both would be pointless and useless.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's not as simple as it looks. Unless there is a XenForo add-on that has friends and stuff in it, it wouldn't be possible. Although, I do like this idea as I don't follow all my friends, I follow the people that I look up to on the forums.

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
I just think following is dumb and your friends don't follow you and you don't follow them cause it is awkward and stupid

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I just think following is dumb and your friends don't follow you and you don't follow them cause it is awkward and stupid
Then you and your friends are weird. I follow my friends, it's not awkward at all .-.

jefeperro

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure zuck1 and his fb team have adding friends copyrighted for online use

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci