• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fully updated to 1.6.4!

lukewotlk

Spectator
Reaction score
Can somebody help me?
I don't really understand what does 1.6.4 fix,it does not say it on minecraft launcher!

Golden Warrior

Spectator
Reaction score
Can somebody help me?
I don't really understand what does 1.6.4 fix,it does not say it on minecraft launcher!
It actually fixes a few minor world issues like structures not being saved. However, it fixes one thing the best of all: The fist glitch. (Well, it said "Fixed handshake exploit", which I am very much assuming is the fist glitch.)

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
It actually fixes a few minor world issues like structures not being saved. However, it fixes one thing the best of all: The fist glitch. (Well, it said "Fixed handshake exploit", which I am very much assuming is the fist glitch.)
"Handshake exploit" is a very different thing from the fist glitch - in fact, they're not at all related. Minecraft had an exploit with the handshake packet (hence the handshake exploit) where you can log into any server faking to be anyone. This update was fixed on most servers earlier this month (September 6 or so), but Mojang just now fixed it in vanilla.

Golden Warrior

Spectator
Reaction score
"Handshake exploit" is a very different thing from the fist glitch - in fact, they're not at all related. Minecraft had an exploit with the handshake packet (hence the handshake exploit) where you can log into any server faking to be anyone. This update was fixed on most servers earlier this month (September 6 or so), but Mojang just now fixed it in vanilla.
Ah, I apologize. I was unaware this glitch even existed actually. Ah, well... Although, is the fist glitch fixed, or will we have to wait for 1.7?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, I apologize. I was unaware this glitch even existed actually. Ah, well... Although, is the fist glitch fixed, or will we have to wait for 1.7?
As I replied earlier, even if it was fixed, it wouldn't be fixed for the majority of Minecraft servers yet, as the only way some update as fast as they do is by just allowing newer clients to connect without requiring a server update.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
As I replied earlier, even if it was fixed, it wouldn't be fixed for the majority of Minecraft servers yet, as the only way some update as fast as they do is by just allowing newer clients to connect without requiring a server update.
Some people cant connect with the older versions, I know this for a fact because my friend cant... is it a client or server side thing?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Some people cant connect with the older versions, I know this for a fact because my friend cant... is it a client or server side thing?
If anyone tries to connect with a version less than 1.6.2, they won't be able to connect because of the protocol differences. If your friend is using 1.6.2 and can't connect - there's a bug where sometimes the server list shows your client as out of date; tell him to try directly connecting to the IP.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
If anyone tries to connect with a version less than 1.6.2, they won't be able to connect because of the protocol differences. If your friend is using 1.6.2 and can't connect - there's a bug where sometimes the server list shows your client as out of date; tell him to try directly connecting to the IP.
My list comes up with an X through my 5 bar thing, I can connect fine. I found a trick where you can press "edit" then press done and the "join server" button is able to be clicked, Even when he does that it says "outdated client". I will ask him to try direct connect though

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci