• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gender?

Does gender matter?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
then why do men reign supreme when it comes to playing video games
Because misogyny is rampant in gaming communities to a point where women feel unsafe playing and therefore do not get the same practice time in when they want to play. It's hard to focus on playing when people are screaming insults at you. This much I know.

But also interestingly enough, there are now more female gamers worldwide then male gamers (52%) and a study was recently done to show that males who abused female players in their games more frequently under performed in comparison to other players.

tl;dr the harassment in games results in Good players all round.

wtf2shens

Career
Reaction score
Because misogyny is rampant in gaming communities to a point where women feel unsafe playing and therefore do not get the same practice time in when they want to play. It's hard to focus on playing when people are screaming insults at you. This much I know.

But also interestingly enough, there are now more female gamers worldwide then male gamers (52%) and a study was recently done to show that males who abused female players in their games more frequently under performed in comparison to other players.

damn thats actually pretty interesting, i think the female gamers one is probably wrong however.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
It doesn't change anything, the only different is that the most of the people that play Minecraft are male, but there are a lot of girls that play this game too.
Basically, there's no difference between boys and girls talking about the PvP, this gamemode is a mix of tactics, intelligence and skills, but you don't have necessary to be a male to play :)

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
damn thats actually pretty interesting, i think the female gamers one is probably wrong however.
Just a quick google search of the statistic provides many links about the studies.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score

There are more female "gamers" worldwide only when you factor in smartphone games and the like. It's rather misleading to say there are more female gamers than male, especially when most people wouldn't consider a casual Candy Crush player to be a gamer.

I wouldn't say male games are better than female gamers because of misogyny, there are just certain things men do better due to the physical and mental differences between genders.

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Scientifically, gender does matter. A research study done by students and professors at Colorado University used lights and sounds to test the reaction time of males and females. After collecting all their data, it was true that generally guys had a quicker reaction time; however, that doesn't hold true in every situation. And, besides that, MCGamer doesn't just consist of reacting to what's happening (although most of it does). Girls can play at an equal level as guys, but it may take longer for them to get "good" at the game. To add on, some guys have terrible reaction times as well (me).

Overall, in the real world, guys and girls are equal. Guys generally have more strength, women generally have more flexibility. Guys are normally more competitive, and girls are generally more intelligent and diligent when it comes to work. What makes it all fit into place--respect. If respect is there, the world goes around smoothly. When there isn't respect, then fights occur and relationships (not necessarily romantic ones) are crushed.

era

Experienced
Reaction score

more female gamers when you count stuff like candycrush..

Last edited:

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Scientifically, gender does matter. A research study done by students and professors at Colorado University used lights and sounds to test the reaction time of males and females. After collecting all their data, it was true that generally guys had a quicker reaction time; however, that doesn't hold true in every situation. And, besides that, MCGamer doesn't just consist of reacting to what's happening (although most of it does). Girls can play at an equal level as guys, but it may take longer for them to get "good" at the game. To add on, some guys have terrible reaction times as well (me).

Overall, in the real world, guys and girls are equal. Guys generally have more strength, women generally have more flexibility. Guys are normally more competitive, and girls are generally more intelligent and diligent when it comes to work. What makes it all fit into place--respect. If respect is there, the world goes around smoothly. When there isn't respect, then fights occur and relationships (not necessarily romantic ones) are crushed.
I agree with most of what you said; men tend to be better at video games due to slight differences such as reaction time and spatial awareness.

I don't really agree with females being more intelligent. The way we typically measure intelligence, IQ, has shown that men and women have very similar average IQs, but the standard deviation in male IQ is much greater. This is why a lot of the "smart" people in the world are male; but there are also more low IQ males than females.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I don't really agree with females being more intelligent. The way we typically measure intelligence, IQ, has shown that men and women have very similar average IQs, but the standard deviation in male IQ is much greater. This is why a lot of the "smart" people in the world are male; but there are also more low IQ males than females.
I said "more intelligent and diligent when it comes to work."

As you can see, females have always had a higher average GPA than males.

Even with IQ, women are ranked higher. It USED to be males, but the generations' males coming now are so lazy and don't want to do anything so their IQ's are lower.

Yachty

Quantum
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just removed some flame on this thread. General warning: Please do not post any flame messages or induce flame! If it continues, punishments will follow.

Have a nice day!

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
I said "more intelligent and diligent when it comes to work."

As you can see, females have always had a higher average GPA than males.

Even with IQ, women are ranked higher. It USED to be males, but the generations' males coming now are so lazy and don't want to do anything so their IQ's are lower.
GPA isn't a good measure of intelligence. Males on average also score much higher on SATs if you want to look at high school performance. Again, not a good measure of intelligence though. IQ is the best we have. Male and female IQ averages are about the same, standard deviation is not.

Please enlighten me as to how IQ has anything to do with laziness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci