• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree, but there's no way for Sr. Mods to know that since first impressions are everything.

Not necessarily, if you give someone a chance you can see what they are like. It's like a new kid at school, they may be shy or outgoing. Most of the time, new shy people develop and change. You have to wait and see to see how people turn out in the end.[/QUOTE]

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree, but there's no way for Sr. Mods to know that since first impressions are everything.

My point is that there is; consistent dedication to the community and model behavior over time should indicate that someone at least deserves a shot.

Creper_face

Career
Reaction score
I think that if you hack no matter when you did it that proves that you just broke the rules and the staff team will not trust you I mean if you ware a server owner would you let a person who hack't and broke the rules on you're server be a staff member I think that the staff team is just really careful when they pick a mod and I think that is the right way to go about it.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
People really should understand that the aimbot and regen hacks are illegal, even with out reading the rules. They are aware that it is cheating and got the hacks to do better in the game.

BSM, before 1.7 was something that had fixed the sprint which was broken before, and not many people were aware of how illegal it was. Younger people had thought that every one is doing it, so they should to.

Before BajanCanadian got banned, he used BSM, and promoted it to his fans. A lot of other youtubers used BSM, and promoted it too. I recall watching a video from a youtuber, telling all his viewers why he wouldn't get the wobblies and how to download the mod.

The mods that seem unintentional and the user doesn't mean to do harm, shouldn't put much weight of getting mod or not.

A lot of the people who got banned from those mods were those who were new to the community, did not make a forums account, or read the rules.

There is a big line between hacking and BSM, or mini map mods in my opinion, and that is how my point of view is on hacking :)

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Sorry but I completely disagree with this. Hacking has a very detrimental impact to the MCSG community, people are fully aware that hacking is unfair yet they do it anyway. If MCSG were to accept people who have previously hacked before, they would become a joke. It's a massive contradiction. And will never be likely to be changed because it's so significant.
They would become a JOKE? I've reported hackers/rule breakers throughout all my time here on MCGamer on a regular basis ever since I got banned. I've been active on the forums/ in-game. I think a person like that would be more trustworthy than someone with less than 20 messages on the forums, and 100 games or less of MCSG.

May I also mention that in the Staff Q&A a week or two ago, Dave announced that bans in v1 will be ignored if you're wanting to apply for mod. This includes any offences.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
I personally think people with bans and only 1 offense should be allowed to become moderator. I got banned once on MCGamer, and I can't apply for mod anyone. I was on a 61 game loosing streak and I convinced myself hacking was the thing to do. I got one game played, and got banned right after. I learned my lesson pretty quickly! I think people like us, like I wrote in my ban dispute (who):"I have a clean record on every other major server, and a 10 on MCBans." I understand people like us can't apply for good reason, but I think the typical noobish hacker stereotype is a major factor in mod apps and bad disputes. Staff assumes that hackers are bad people and should be shunned. Whatever happens regarding the issue, I'll continue to support MCGamer and continue reporting hackers, spammers, and advertisers. Let's hope Chad sees the 14 pages of conversation and reconsiders the issue. I think hackers should be treated like underage applicants when applying. Always under high standards and being monitored. Hopefully we can bring a good reform and change to MCGamer. Well, I've shared my 2 cents.
Cheers,
-IronOre12
|#Elemental Elite|
I also think it would benefit the hackers who regret it and other players for MCGamer to have something like this in their store.
Unban/Clear Ban History: 25$
(Good for one use, and can only be used once.)

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I also think it would benefit the hackers who regret it and other players for MCGamer to have something like this in their store.
Unban/Clear Ban History: 25$
(Good for one use, and can only be used once.)
No.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci