• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

GLSL Shaders and SEUS Information {1.7.2}

Did you use shaders in 1.6.4?

• Yus

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nu :'(

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Different shader pack. There are many shader packs much like recourse packs. They were originally separate mods but SEUS discontinued theirs and now most shaders are just turned into shader packs. GLSL shader is the core mod.
Ah! Thanks.

EDIT:
Just got shaders for 1.7....
SO beautiful.
Now I need to find out how to use it with optifine.

EDIT 2: Anyone have any good shader packs for 1.7 apart from MrMeeps?

Last edited:

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I recommend SEUS. Links are in the original thread. Also shaders is not compatible with optifine yet as mentioned earlier.

iHaxors/Jess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry I meant the original post.
Also good news Shaders is now compatible with optifine!
Download the updated version of shaders here.
How do I combine it with Optifine?
Also, when I try to join a server with shaders, it automatically crashes. I'm not lagging or anything, So I don't know why this is happening.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
How do I combine it with Optifine?
Also, when I try to join a server with shaders, it automatically crashes. I'm not lagging or anything, So I don't know why this is happening.
To add optifine, you must drag and drop optifine into the mods folder along with your shaders core mod.
To prevent crashes, allocate more RAM to minecraft. Open launcher -> edit profile -> tick JVM arguments and change the number to how many GB of RAM you wish to allocate (make sure you have a G after the number.) I would recommend half your PC's total RAM, for example I have 8GB and I set 4GB for Minecraft.
Reply if you are having anymore issues.

iHaxors/Jess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
To add optifine, you must drag and drop optifine into the mods folder along with your shaders core mod.
To prevent crashes, allocate more RAM to minecraft. Open launcher -> edit profile -> tick JVM arguments and change the number to how many GB of RAM you wish to allocate (make sure you have a G after the number.) I would recommend half your PC's total RAM, for example I have 8GB and I set 4GB for Minecraft.
Reply if you are having anymore issues.
I dedicated 4 GB of ram, half of my 8 gb, and it still crashes. And optifine doesnt seem to increase my fps :/

iHaxors/Jess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I dedicated 4 GB of ram, half of my 8 gb, and it still crashes. And optifine doesnt seem to increase my fps :/
Also, I know my PC is powerful enough because without the mod I get around 1500 fps.
In single player with shaders I get like 150 fps.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Also, I know my PC is powerful enough because without the mod I get around 1500 fps.
In single player with shaders I get like 150 fps.
(Sorry don't double post) I am not sure what can be done to resolve your issue. First update your graphics drivers to see if that will help. Secondly, try logging in with shaders off and then turning it off. If none of the above work, wait for shaders to be updated again as it may fix your issue, it may be shaders because it's multi-player compatibility is notoriously bad at the moment. I can run shaders at 100 fps with optifine now but I do crash sometimes because of probable errors in the shaders code.

kotred

Spectator
Reaction score
Uhh i cant seem to log in to mcsg. I turned the mod off, went into singleplayer world, logged out, went to multiplayer and then the servers dont load :( something wrong?

kotred

Spectator
Reaction score
Can't login to any server says connection lost
Internal exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci