• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Going to make a Space MCSG map. Any ideas?

xK00l_Ghostx

Tribute
Reaction score
Saw how many maps are being made and i see no ideas but jungles and forests. I want to make a map and i have some ideas but this is my first time and i would like to see what the community wants.

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
How will you make it?
You could make it in the End... but then there is that dragon.
If you just deleted the land permanently, there would be daylight to worry about, but then again that's what plugins are for.

xK00l_Ghostx

Tribute
Reaction score
How will you make it?
You could make it in the End... but then there is that dragon.
If you just deleted the land permanently, there would be daylight to worry about, but then again that's what plugins are for.
I thought of lining the outside of the glass dome with black wool to give it that space feel and also so u dont know it its night or day.

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
I thought of lining the outside of the glass dome with black wool to give it that space feel and also so u dont know it its night or day.
Well have fun with all of that wool... but it is definitely a nice idea. :D

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
We were think about making a space map too. But then we started the cave map.
Good luck with building! And you should ask some people from the forums to help you, there are some good builders between them! ;)

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
Light can come through unloaded chunks though.

Your best bet would be to use the end.

xK00l_Ghostx

Tribute
Reaction score
We were think about making a space map too. But then we started the cave map.
Good luck with building! And you should ask some people from the forums to help you, there are some good builders between them! ;)
Thanks for the tip i will look around do you know anyone who could help? P.S. Does anyone know how to host a server so i can have other people help? ( I am new to the whole map making thing. Sorry. :(

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I could help out.
I like the idea of a space map. You could use the end, and in a server you can probably have the enderdragon turned off. It would be fun to have only endermen as a mob to kill (I think). The problem is there would be a lot of deaths at the blood bath, that weren't done by players. The game would also go much faster.

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
You could generate your world, then take a map where the ender dragon is dead and copy your world over DIM-2. Spawners can provide any mods you want.

xK00l_Ghostx

Tribute
Reaction score
I could help out.
I like the idea of a space map. You could use the end, and in a server you can probably have the enderdragon turned off. It would be fun to have only endermen as a mob to kill (I think). The problem is there would be a lot of deaths at the blood bath, that weren't done by players. The game would also go much faster.
Thanks, I will probaly set up another fourm thread to ask for builders once i have it all planned out. I didnt think about how the end could speed up games thanks for telling me i have been in hour long games before because someone is hiding. I really appreciate your support and the support the community has given me its my first time and this is only been up for a day and people already want to help. This amazes me how friendly you all are even though i have no plan yet. So in short, to all, Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci