• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] Commonly used hacks

Did this help?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Disclaimer: All credit goes to Smearsel from TheHive forums. All videos/explanations are his. This is a re-post to keep people aware of hackers. Also I know there is a thread like this already made, but I decided it's time for a better one. Original thread can be found here: http://forum.hivemc.com/threads/commonly-used-hacks.4759/

Before I start I would like to say that I do not encourage hacking in any way, shape or form. I will not give away any links to hacked clients, so do not even ask. I asked the staff for permission to post this, and I also deleted the client immediately after rendering the videos.

Now that we've got that over with, I can begin with this thread. What I wanted to do is give you a glance at what a hacker can do, so that you can spot one more easily. I have not bothered to record any hacks that will not give you an advantage on the Hive, so that you're left with the stuff you could possibly face online. Each hack has a seperate video, and a brief description with tips on how to prove that a player is using it.
I would like to state once again that this is to help you spot these more easily, and not to show you how 'super awesome' these hacks are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bow Aimbot
This feature allows your bow to automatically aim at the nearest target. While it's not available on all hacked clients, it is toggleable on the most frequently used one.
Difficulty to spot: 1/5
Difficulty to prove: 1/5
The easiest way to get accurate proof of a person using a Bow Aimbot is to simply spectate him while he's using his bow. It's the most obvious when he is in more a crowded area (such as Deathmatch on Survival Games or near the Traitor Tester on Trouble in Mineville), as his bow would automatically shoot sideways/backwards if someone is behind him or next to him.

Forcefield
Forcefield, also known as Killaura allows a person to automatically hit an entity (player or mob) as soon as it's in a certain range of the player. This feature is available on about every hacked client out there.
Difficulty to spot: 2/5
Difficulty to prove: 3/5
How obvious this is depends entirely on how the hacker is using this. If he runs into a group and just hits everyone at once, it is of course very obvious. Most hackers not that stupid, however. You should be on your toes if someone comes towards you and constantly swings his sword, axe or fists, as this could be an indication of someone using Forcefield. Someone who keeps punching is not nearly enough proof to accuse him of hacking, though. The best proof of this hack is when the player either hits a person that's behind or next to him, or hits multiple people with one punch/swing.

Wallhacks
Sorry for the music
Wallhacks allow you to see entities trough walls or other objects, by making blocks invisible. This feature is widely available, and nearly every modded client has some sort of wallhack available.
Difficulty to spot: 4/5
Difficulty to prove: 5/5
It's nearly impossible to prove if someone uses a wallhack, as you can't see what the player sees (or doesn't see). When you're spectating someone who just walks in a straight line towards a player who is 200 blocks away, you could say that this person has some sort of wallhack. However, it's pretty much impossible to prove it, as he could always say that he just got lucky and did not know that he walked straight towards a player.

No Slowdown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mieV4UzNUcc (s0rry if it doesn't load)
No Slowdown allows you to do perform certain actions at full speed, where you normally would get slowed down. You can for instance swim and draw a bow at full speed. A lot of hacked clients give you the option to use this.
No Slowdown is really easy to spot, as the person using it would go way faster than the opponent. The best way to prove that a player is using it is to record him while he is chasing him trough water. Him walking at normal speed with his bow drawn would most likely suffice as well, though.

Climb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4zUFzR0lzg (sorry if it doesn't load)
This one allows you to climb walls, as if you were a spider. I believe this can get blocked by a plugin, but I've seen a few guys use this on Survival Games already. A lot of hacked clients give you this option.
This one is probably the most easy hack to spot, so I won't add a lot to this. The best way to proof that someone is using it is simply to record him while he is scaling a wall.

Sprint
A Sprint hack allows you to toggle your sprint (like the Better Sprint Mod). However, it also gives you the option to sprint way faster than normal, and you can sprint sideways/backwards. Nearly every hacked client has this feature.
This one is again really easy to prove. If you see someone sprinting in any direction that is not forward, you should boot up your recording software immediately. The best way to get proof of this hack is to record the player while he is chasing someone, as he will most definately use his speed boost/sideways movement to his advantage.

Step
The step hack allows you to step up blocks without losing your momentum, as if it were a half-slab. I think the server automatically blocks this hack if the 'step' is 1.5 blocks or higher, but confirmation on that is needed. About every hacked client out there has this feature.
Difficulty to spot: 2/5
Difficulty to prove: 2/5
If a player is not chasing someone or walking on a mountainside you will not be very likely to spot the Step hack. However if you spot it, it's most likely not too difficult to get good proof. As said before, it's most obvious when the hacker is walking on a hill/mountain, or if he's chasing someone.

~ Hope this helps

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Nice guide! I hope this doesn't give people an idea of how 'awesome' hacks can be

Deformed

Experienced
Reaction score
You may want to update it with some more common hacks.. :p

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I thought they blocked that long ago.
lol nope i wish

They used to be not too hard to prove- you just had to record them being lit on fire- but now there are 'smart' regen hacks that only speed up the ticks once they reach a certain health, making them a lot harder to catch.

Reaction score
lol nope i wish

They used to be not too hard to prove- you just had to record them being lit on fire- but now there are 'smart' regen hacks that only speed up the ticks once they reach a certain health, making them a lot harder to catch.
hm
ill investigate

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Some common ones you missed or did a sub par job of showing:

- Dolphin (replaces the traditional Jesus water hack and allows the player to speed up in water by going up and down out of the water repeatedly)

- Jesus style water walking: is actually not blocked by the plugin as I've seen people use it on me quite recently on both Breeze Islands. This water walking version, I believe, also let's you walk on lava but this is unconfirmed.

- Sprint hacking: show the sprinting backwards and sideways. Also, use Hamachi or load a private Bukkit server and do these with a guinea pig another person.

^^
Some of these properly need to be done with at least one other person.

- Regen: How the HELL could you forget the most prominent new hack?
>Can light the person aflame and, according to Gravey4rd , see if they have full hunger to regen by if they immediately put themselves out.
>> Run away from the person until you're positive their hunger is drained way down
>>> Caused by player's timescale being sped up by the client they're using when they've got regen actively hotkeyed in the on position

Reaction score
Some common ones you missed or did a sub par job of showing:

- Dolphin (replaces the traditional Jesus water hack and allows the player to speed up in water by going up and down out of the water repeatedly)

- Jesus style water walking: is actually not blocked by the plugin as I've seen people use it on me quite recently on both Breeze Islands. This water walking version, I believe, also let's you walk on lava but this is unconfirmed.

- Sprint hacking: show the sprinting backwards and sideways. Also, use Hamachi or load a private Bukkit server and do these with a guinea pig another person.

^^
Some of these properly need to be done with at least one other person.

- Regen: How the HELL could you forget the most prominent new hack?
>Can light the person aflame and, according to Gravey4rd , see if they have full hunger to regen by if they immediately put themselves out.
>> Run away from the person until you're positive their hunger is drained way down
>>> Caused by player's timescale being sped up by the client they're using when they've got regen actively hotkeyed in the on position
Keep in mind I didn't make this
- Dolphin isn't as common and I think no slow down fits with Dolphin
- Sprint hacking is something that could be added. idk ask the thread creator
- Regen I thought was blocked but isn't. I'm trying to get that up.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Keep in mind I didn't make this
- Dolphin isn't as common and I think no slow down fits with Dolphin
- Sprint hacking is something that could be added. idk ask the thread creator
- Regen I thought was blocked but isn't. I'm trying to get that up.
The nice thing about re-posting these is that you can add on to them.....:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci