• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] Further understand the rules, and who to report.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
I have taken the time to write this article to help you, decide what to report when you see it in the chat, and in-game. I am simply simplifying the rules, to see what you can do to help the community.

Please note a lot of this thread is referenced mainly from the rules, it was simply created to make the rules EASIER TO UNDERSTAND, thank you for taking the time to read.

BEFORE READING THIS! READ THE RULES BY CLICKING HERE!

Hackers

Hackers are very easy to report, use a recording application to record, and in some cases screenshot the suspect and send in a Abuse Report HERE

To tell if a player is hacking, I highly suggest you use this guide, by TheOneHarry. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/catching-hackers.99020/page-4#post-1302558

Nude Skins

To report a Nude Skin simply screenshot the skin and link it in your Abuse Report. (Same link as Hackers.)

Discrimination/Disrespect to other players in chat

Things like starting flame wars, and calling eachother names, and making fun of someone because they are different is NEVER ALLOWED on this server, please screenshot and file a Abuse Report, again, use the same link as the Hackers.

Spam

(Taken directly from the rules.)

Example:
  1. Spam
    Spam
    Spam
    Spam
    Spam
  2. Sppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm

• If the message is repeated more than three times over a short amount of time, it is considered spamming.
  • If the message is the only thing said and is repeated constantly, it is considered spam.
  • If the message takes up two lines of text and had no point to it, it is considered spam.
Excessive caps prioritize a person’s message over others, similar to spam, and is often viewed as screaming or shouting.

Example:
  1. THIS IS CONSIDERED BREAKING THE RULES
  2. CAPS
  3. THIS is STILL BREAKING THE RULES

• If the message is in all caps, then it is not allowed.
  • If the message is four letters or more and is in all caps, then it is not allowed.
  • If the message is mostly caps, it is not allowed.

If you find this, screenshot it and report it as abuse. Repeated offenders will most likely be banned.

Advertising

The only time advertising is allowed is if the thing you're advertising is related to MCSG, as in your YouTube channel; if you advertise it, and it does not contain any MCSG content or little MCSG content, you will be removed from the community itself.

Example:
  1. Check out my stream at www.streamingwebsite.com/advertising I’m streaming [Server that is not MCSG]
  2. Go subscribe to me on youtube: www.youtube.com/GetRidaHimPlays Cool videos of [Server that is not MCSG]
  3. Look at this cool picture of me on [Server that is not MCSG]
  4. MCSG sucks. [Server name] is way better and you should check it out.

• Do not post links unless asked.
  • Posting links of live streams and youtube channels is allowed only if the stream or youtube channel contains MCSG. (Just don't spam it.)
  • Links and addresses of other communities are not allowed.
  • If you are unsure whether something is classified as advertising, ask a staff member before hand.
  • Saying things like, “Leave MCSG for [server name]” or anything similar to it is considered advertising.
  • Having a forum signature that violate these rules will not be allowed.

Exploiting bugs and glitches.

If there is a glitch on the servers, or in the plugins itself, and someone shares it with you, normal players and friends, instead of Sr. Staff, Chad, (The Owner), Administrators and Devs, please report it INSTANTLY, so we can keep the MCG Community a nice, and fair place. If you would like to report a glitch please CLICK HERE!

These all count as glitches, and we would gladly appreciate it if you'd report it instantly.

1. Block glitching
  2. Breaking boats as a spectator
  3. Leaving the map

Misleading other players.

"Alt f4 for diamonds!" is one of the most common uses of misleading other players, this will close the players Minecraft, and will make one more spot on the server for the offenders friends, if seen please report this.

"/kill for diamonds at start!" will kill you in the beginning, if seen please report to the forums, or a staff member.

Non-Staff: I'm a Staff Member here!

all these are considered against the rules and will hopefully be reported by you, and the rest of the community.

I do hope this makes the MCSG a nicer place, and makes the rules a little bit easier to understand, depending on what you are trying to do.

Thanks for reading! Do I need to add anything? Tell me below!

Last edited:

Fletch

Career
Reaction score
Moving this to General Support

Also I wouldn't say he directly says he "wrote it himself" because he says he is trying to make the rules easier to understand.
GetRidaHim I would however say that the bottom that some sections have been referenced from the rules.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You should put "[Guide]" before your title so that people know that you are giving them advise on how to be helpful in the community. When I read the title for the first time, I thought that you were just posing a question. :p

PS: I think it was a good idea of you to make this thread because people don't need to go through all the rules just to find how they have to report rule breakers. Good job. :)

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Moving this to General Support

Also I wouldn't say he directly says he "wrote it himself" because he says he is trying to make the rules easier to understand.
GetRidaHim I would however say that the bottom that some sections have been referenced from the rules.
I have acknowledged the rules at the top.

Thank you for your feedback.

Did you really just copy and paste the rules?
No, I did not just copy and paste the rules, I took the rules, read through it a good couple of times, and I took all the things you can report, and put them into a thread.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
No, I did not just copy and paste the rules, I took the rules, read through it a good couple of times, and I took all the things you can report, and put them into a thread.

I have acknowledged the rules at the top.

*Owns thread about rules of MCG*
*Breaks rule of double posting*

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
*Owns thread about rules of MCG*
*Breaks rule of double posting*
Please explain to me how I double posted, so I don't make the same mistakes in the future, I thought double posting was posting the same, or near the same post again.

Thank you.

Last edited:

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Please explain to me how I double posted, so I don't make the same mistakes in the future, I though double posting was posting the same, or near the same post again.

Thank you.
It's when you post 2 messages in a row, without anyone interrupting you in between.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci