• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

{GUIDE} How to make a Successful Build Team

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hey guys! Andreas here with a guide on how to make a good build team. I've been seeing many build teams being created lately, and I feel some of them won't be as successful as others. So, I'm making this guide to help you guys with what you should do when making a build team!

~Essentials~

Before you decide on making a build team...

Make sure you can get access to a server to build on, or have enough money to pay for your own server when building what you want to build. You can't build anything with a build team without a server.

Make sure you have the motivation...
You can't do anything without the motivation. You may be like "Hey let's make a build team!" Then a few hours later you're just quitting. Build teams take dedication and motivation, which is a reason why build teams such as Invictus, Red Forest, and Team Elite are as big as they are.

~Thread~
Introduction...
Always have a good introduction to your build team. You should state what you plan to do in this build team, and what you would want out of the team and it's members.

Appearance...
With build threads, appearance really does matter. Maybe to make the appearance nice you can use different colored text, or maybe even build art. A team may be frowned upon or look unprofessional with an ugly-looking thread, sadly.

Application...
This is one thing I'm noticing with build teams that's not very well. Applicants must make detailed applications, but they can only do that with a template asking for specific things. For example, many build teams have applications that are asking for small things. They're not even asking for screenshots! This is my idea of a good application:

Name:
Specialty (Terraforming, Redstone, Building):
Screenshots of Work:
Previous Build Teams:
Why do you want to be in this Build Team:
Leader's Experience...
One thing that could get the attention of people is an example of the work of leaders in the build team. If people see that the leaders can't build themselves then nobody would really want to join the team, as they feel they would be carrying the whole team.

~Roster~
Amount of People...
Always have a limit as to how many people can join the team. Unless you become very popular in the community for your build team, you should have a limit as to how many people can join just so it doesn't get overcrowded and the system is discombobulated.

Rules...
Make sure you have a set of rules for your members to follow, and tell them that if they were to break these rules consequences would be taken. Most rules should be about the way you behave in the team, griefing, etc.

~Server and Plugins~
Server Host...
Some good places to buy a server from is MCPro Host and Cubed Host. For more info about MCPro Host look here: https://mcprohosting.com/ For more information on Cubed Host look here: https://cubedhost.com/

World Edit and Voxel Sniper...
These are two plugins essential to building. World Edit helps you build things faster through commands and magical wands, well maybe not magical but they are actual wands. Voxel Sniper really helps with terraforming, which are natural looking structures that are actually man-made.

~Communication~
Skype...
It's a good idea to have a Skype group in order to make big announcements for the whole team. It's also a great way to get to know one another personally throughout the group. If you don't know what Skype is just look here: http://www.skype.com/en/

Teamspeak...
Teamspeak is another great way to talk to people. The great part about this is that you can talk in real time, and it's nice to talk to others through teamspeak while working on a project. Additionally, if members need to talk to their owners/leaders then they can schedule a meeting and talk to them on teamspeak. Teamspeak also provides ranks, and you can create multiple channels for certain situations. You can find more about teamspeak here: http://www.teamspeak.com/

So that's my guide to making a successful build team. I hope it helps you guys in the future if you decide to make a team yourself!

-Andreas (Giggity69Goo)

Last edited:
J

Joel/MadDawg

Real ways to have a successful build team:

1. Have a senior staff member in your team.

2. Have a VIP who has already gotten a map onto the servers in your team.

3. Make a map so ridiculously good that it is impossible for the staff to ignore. But then again, they still might *cough* Rebellion's District.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Real ways to have a successful build team:

1. Have a senior staff member in your team.

2. Have a VIP who has already gotten a map onto the servers in your team.

3. Make a map so ridiculously good that it is impossible for the staff to ignore. But then again, they still might *cough* Rebellion's District.
That could possibly be another approach

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci