• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

{GUIDE} How to make a Successful Build Team

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's a rule that we can't bump threads until a certain time?
Allow me to rephrase that, only bump a post when necessary and try not to go crazy with it. Adding to that, it is a rule not to make unnecessary/pointless posts, and if there is no reason to bump the thread, then it is technically a pointless post. So as I said before, just be courteous with it, and use your best judgement as to when its needed.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Allow me to rephrase that, only bump a post when necessary and try not to go crazy with it. Adding to that, it is a rule not to make unnecessary/pointless posts, and if there is no reason to bump the thread, then it is technically a pointless post. So as I said before, just be courteous with it, and use your best judgement as to when its needed.
In my opinion, I think bumping any thread doesn't count as a pointless post since you're trying to get more people to look at it. If there's any thread out there that's a good thread (I'm not saying this one is) and it's not getting much publicity, it should be promoted in some way. This isn't like Facebook where if you like the post then it's basically bumped. You legit have to post something to promote it. Please, express your opinion as to why a "bump" is a pointless post. I am not trying to start flame here I just want to know your opinion.

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Instead of getting into an argument, allow me to quote the rules.

6. Do not frequently bump threads: You may only bump a thread once every 24 hours.
  • If a staff member feels that the bump is pointless, it will be removed.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Instead of getting into an argument, allow me to quote the rules.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
I don't think of this as an argument at all. Just a discussion about the meaning of bumping a thread. Now that says if the staff member feels the bumps are pointless. I mean some mods may think that a bump is pointless but it was actually bumped for an important reason. Isn't that kind of opinionated? And since you said "Instead of getting into an argument" let me please state this again. I am not trying to start any flame here, just trying to get some more information about this for future reference.

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't think of this as an argument at all. Just a discussion about the meaning of bumping a thread. Now that says if the staff member feels the bumps are pointless. I mean some mods may think that a bump is pointless but it was actually bumped for an important reason. Isn't that kind of opinionated? And since you said "Instead of getting into an argument" let me please state this again. I am not trying to start any flame here, just trying to get some more information about this for future reference.
In most cases a bump is completely fine, but this thread was bumped multiple times in a small time frame. It really just depends on the situation. Just be courteous, thats all :)

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
In most cases a bump is completely fine, but this thread was bumped multiple times in a small time frame. It really just depends on the situation. Just be courteous, thats all :)
All right! All is understood now. Thank you!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Really nice guide!

Also, for anyone who needs help with TeamSpeak/PermissionsEx, I can help!

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Real ways to have a successful build team:

1. Have a senior staff member in your team.

2. Have a VIP who has already gotten a map onto the servers in your team.

3. Make a map so ridiculously good that it is impossible for the staff to ignore. But then again, they still might *cough* Rebellion's District.
Couldnt of said it better. Sanders2408
:confused:;)

Bryta

Tribute
Reaction score
Can someone send a link to a "How to make a free server (Home Hosted)" server please

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci