• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[GUIDE] How To Terraform an SG Map

Helpful?

• Total voters

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial Sean I'll check it out better later
How did you create the Mountain in the first tutorial? It looks really good.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial Sean I'll check it out better later
How did you create the Mountain in the first tutorial? It looks really good.
From what it looks like he used the same sort of steps I described, but spent a lot more time looking at specific voxel placing to create a more interesting shape, which he got. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sean

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Alright, so I did some more practise with arches and color contrast,

BlueHeron
When I terraform mountains, unless I spend about 10 minutes fixing it, my land looks very processed. I've done what you've done but mine still looks weird. Any advice?

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, so I did some more practise with arches and color contrast,

BlueHeron
When I terraform mountains, unless I spend about 10 minutes fixing it, my land looks very processed. I've done what you've done but mine still looks weird. Any advice?[/quote
Much much better this looks great. As for the mountains just use BlueHeron guide.

Reaction score
Damn your good, do you have a PMC page/imur page of your work?
Are you making an sg map? Have you made an sg map?

CruelDefiance

Career
Reaction score
for smoothing terrain, the /b bb do you recommend using size 8 just like the balls to create the mountain? Or should I change the size?

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
for smoothing terrain, the /b bb do you recommend using size 8 just like the balls to create the mountain? Or should I change the size?
Usually I use size 8, because it's a good size to smooth with as it covers a good amount of area. One thing I've noticed with using a large sized /b bb, is that it becomes easier to over smooth. So for things that look really bad oversmoothed, such as mountains, I would recommend using a moderately sized brush such as size 8, but feel free to mess around with larger brushes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci