• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacked Clients vs Optifine

J

Jojo

Tbh, if we really want to combat hackers to the max, everyone should record them, not just mods. So many times have I seen people leave the game after saying "hacker". I know not everyone can record, however, the more people that stay to record them the more we will catch :D. Remember follow your instincts and your hearts. :) Only together can we fight the hackers :p
I think by that you can tell the difference between regular players and members of this community.

Regarding the main topic: if there'd be a way to turn all mod clients off, that would be amazing. And if that would work, I guess the devs would also find a way to still allow optifine. ;)

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah I agree I can't play w/o Optifine.

Also, when I read the title I thought you were going to talk about how Optifine was like a hacked client XD

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Disabling modded clients is impossible.
Having a separate modded client to join MCGamer, however, is possible.
There are several issues with this, including:
  • More development/money required on MCG's end
  • Players may not understand how to install the client
  • Inconveniences involving switching servers may irritate players
  • Hacked clients for that modded client could be made as well
There's no way to get rid of hacking, and that's what moderators are for. The server network will remain as it is.

With a normal plugin as an AntiCheat, detecting hacked clients automatically is impossible. The client must send a packet to the server in order for it to be identified, otherwise it remains hidden. This is what allows BSM to be blocked, as the creators of the mod have implemented a packet delivery service within the mod so servers can ban it as they please. (There are bypasses for this as well, even on MCSG... I won't say anything else.)

The closest thing there is to a perfect AntiCheat is anticheat, which is still very flawed. The creators of Minecraft, namely Notch, are perfectly fine with hacking and modding in Minecraft. Mojang was decent friends with the members of Team Avolition, a notorious hacking/griefing team.

I think MCGamer is doing a great job at banning hackers, though. They're doing all they can.

Just give it time.

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
So a hacked client is something that will alter a player's perspective (usually pvp wise) as well as their opponent's. So fly hackers, they will fly and the other players will see them fly. Kill aura, they will see themselves kill-auraing, and so will their opponent. Most hacked clients also alter a player's pvp experience. Optifine, is only shown on the player's perspective. So someone cannot see someone else using optifine, because it is not a hacked client. It will not alter a player's pvp experience, and will never affect an opponent's pvp experience negatively OR positively. Also Optifine is an associate of Mojang meaning Mojang helped code and fund the Optifine Project so it is completely "legal" hacked clients are usually made by a 3rd party website/company.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
That is not possible as far as I know.
Even if it was possible we would not have evidence which means some people could get banned forver even if they did not hack. They could not dispute it. So we would have to trust our anti cheat which of course we won't. Anti cheat plugin can't be 100% accurate.
Using a plugin to ban hackers forever is not an option.
Its only helping us to find hacker which we need to record by ourself.
It's clearly possible because Badlion and Kohi have done it already...
As Evermore points out, Badlion anticheat does exactly what you said. I haven't run into a single hacker on Badlion in months. Kohi's anticheat is above average, but I've fought a few hackers on there, so it's far from perfect.
With a dev team as large and experienced as MCGamer's, it feels like we should have something by now.

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
The Kohi anti-cheat is better than average, but because it's failed to ban some hackers it's imperfect. Not too hard to understand.
Thats like saying its great but it sucks.

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Thats like saying its great but it sucks.
... do I really have to spell it out? MCGamer anti-cheat sucks because it bans literally 0 hackers. The Kohi anti-cheat is better because it bans around 80% of hackers, but because some still make it through, it's imperfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci