• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Has Ping Warped Our PvP Mindset?

What matters most in a fight?

• Total voters

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
If people can find an excuse to lose, they will use it.
This is actually the real reason.

People want to believe that they are really good at everything that they do. However, not everyone can be like that, especially in a game that combines luck and skill with technology. While your internet matters slightly (you can't fight people who are teleporting) the luck and skill has a much larger affect then the technology. I know people who are on macbook laptops with logitech mouses who can still get 1/5 or 1/6 ratio. That isn't bad. It may not be amazing, but the point I am trying to get across is that it is less important what your technology is and more important how you adapt yourself in a way you can use it successfully and in a proper manner.

Back to those people. A lot of the time, we all want to be the best, and that's fine. However, when we get beaten by someone who may be better than us, but do not want to admit it, our community turns to two things: "hacks" and "ping". Someone is good and you know they are popular around the server and certainly not hacking, what are they?

Ping Abusers.

As if this person had an option how much broadband they used to connect to the internet. They are not abusing their connection, they are just playing the game and happen to have pretty decent internet.

Our communities second go to is of course Hacks and Hackers. With the increase in actual hackers, the line between what is and isn't a hacker has blurred into "If they kill me and have worse gear than me they hack." Sometimes this might be true; other times, you just got beaten by someone who got a sweet combo.

The best way to deal with this is to just move on to the next lobby. There is nothing people can do about people with good internet, and this anyway has less affect than actual skill.

For the hackers: record them and upload them.

-Demon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci