• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Having problem with Lag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
I haven't had lagging problems until the new map was released - I think it might just be because of the sheer size of the map. I'm not sure if that can be fixed in any way since I'm already running Optifine with some other stuff, but it seems like quite a few people have been having a similar issue.

Z

ZombieTracker

That is why I posted the video. You can have all the mods you want that help reduce lag, but that doesn't change the fact that Minecraft is only running on 1 gig which is obviously not enough to keep up. The servers are running fine with no lag, it is individual player clients and computers that cannot keep up.

theuoftexas7

Spectator
Reaction score
I have a brand new (january) high performance computer, even with optifine and these settings (in the video above) incorporated, i still have MAJOR lag. and im pretty sure a large % of the other players are experiencing the same issue.

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry, but alienware is overpriced like apple. I don't say it's bad but just overpriced.
Its definetly pricey, and it would be worth it if dell never bought alienware but meh i get a choice for a computer for christmas, why not? Lol

unenergizer

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this video! I know these tips will be great for people with older computers. It has helped me!

I still have Java 1.6, and I'm afraid to try out 1.7, so ZombieTracker should I try Java 1.7 out? It isn;t even on the java website yet....but Optifine does help a lot!
You have nothing to be afraid of. Do the upgrade and it if helps, then great! If you see no performance increase at all, or experience any negative effects, then uninstall and install the regular java client.

If you have a 64 bit processor, then I highly recommend you UNINSTALL the 32bit version of the java software that ship's on most windows machines. Usually, if not always, the 64bit version of java will say "Java 64bit" or something like that in your "program's and features" menu in your control panel.

I havnt had any lag at all, so clearly the most practical way to stop the lag is to buy an alienware...
That is some-what incorrect. You can build a more powerful computer with the same money you would spend on an alienware computer. See www.digitalstormonline.com for some boutique home made, computers. They buy the parts and put them together for you (they take all the fun out of it). Then ship it to you. As far as quality of workmanship and craftmanship, a DS (digital storm) computer is better than an alienware pc.

Of course these are my opinions based on my own research and knowledge (i go to college for cntt or computer networking and troubleshooting technology).

EDIT: Sorry for tripple post...

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
Hurm, even with this and Optifine I'm still getting huge lag spikes, as are a lot of people.
I was never having this problem until the server started using the new map, which is a shame because I absolutely love it.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I run minecraft on a 5 year old computer with no lag, however I do have more ram on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci