• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Headshot" Bow mod.

Reaction score
I don't see the rhyme :p and you don't need a team of ACE archers. Just a lot of people shooting arrows at the same time.
Lol, why did you need to call me out on that. You have a slightly valid point, but still, unless your team of 3 archers is attacking in an enclosed area and shooting 10+ blocks away and managing to get headshots with their limited amount of arrows, you've got some amazing luck :D, My point is you need to have some ability to hit someone in the head for more than ten blocks away, even in large groups.

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
Okay, I accidently fell asleep for a couple of hours. The reason I said "No... Just No" it's because when someone says something that I just completely don't agree with because I know it's just a bad idea.
1. Arrows already do 4 hearts of damage when charged
So I guess all I would really need is about 5 arrows, if you have full armor
2. This could possible be a bad idea with the hackers, think about it. they could keep getting headshots over and over again...
Although this may be really hard to catch because people will be like "Dur I just has pvp skills" that and there might be people who actually have pvp skills and luck making this really hard to determine if they did have some sort of aimbot on them. (Just a huge drag if you ask me)
3. Power 1 enchament on bow, nuff said (just completely oped item now with the headshot)

If were going to have a headshot bow, why not add a bleeding effect for sword? people ask for one thing, then others ask for this. Honestly, just leave how much damage the items do to the people who actually make minecraft.
This is coming from someone who has used bow n arrows for a long time and honestly, I prefer the normal way because it's fair for everyone.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
He said it would only have an effect for 10 blocks, if you moved that out say 15-20 blocks, it would take real skill to actually hit a headshot from there, which you should deserve extra damage.

With the 10 block thing, this would stop people from primaryily bow fighting in close range fights as bows are move of a defencive way of attacking.

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
He said it would only have an effect for 10 blocks, if you moved that out say 15-20 blocks, it would take real skill to actually hit a headshot from there, which you should deserve extra damage.

With the 10 block thing, this would stop people from primaryily bow fighting in close range fights as bows are move of a defencive way of attacking.
Iv killed a player about let's say 30 - 40 blocks away (quite not sure) with a bow and arrow, you can ask him "Awesomnessface"
Edit: Oh and pretty sure like 2 arrows were headshots couldn't really quite tell tho.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Iv killed a player about let's say 30 - 40 blocks away (quite not sure) with a bow and arrow, you can ask him "Awesomnessface"
Edit: Oh and pretty sure like 2 arrows were headshots couldn't really quite tell tho.
Not to sure what you meant by what you post.

That your good at using a bow?
or it takes no skill to use a bow?

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
Not to sure what you meant by what you post.

That your good at using a bow?
or it takes no skill to use a bow?
I'm good at using a bow yes, and to add something like this upsets me because it just makes everything so much easier, and kinda unfair for others honestly, it's fair how it is now.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm good at using a bow yes, and to add something like this upsets me because it just makes everything so much easier, and kinda unfair for others honestly, it's fair how it is now.
Yes I know, everyone has an opinion and this is why it's in the "suggestions" thread. I was saying it sounds like a nice plugin and how it could be implimented into SG.

Yes it would make it unfair on people, but really if you had no chance of winning and had a bow and 3 arrows. You might have a chance.

KingJr

Career
Reaction score
Yes I know, everyone has an opinion and this is why it's in the "suggestions" thread. I was saying it sounds like a nice plugin and how it could be implimented into SG.

Yes it would make it unfair on people, but really if you had no chance of winning and had a bow and 3 arrows. You might have a chance.
Yes and I stated my opinion on this also, this is why I posted my post on this. I was saying it sounds like just a huge bad thing and shouldn't be put into SG

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Way overpowered. Its not as hard to do as you might think

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci