• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[HELP] Convincing my parents to get me a new PC

Endou

Survivor
Reaction score
Just ask, the worse thing will be they say No.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Make a deal with them and bargain it in some sort of way so that it is fair on both ends... or get a job to get your own PC

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
So, I built my current PC about a year and a half ago, with my parents paying for the cost of all the parts ;-; Now, my computer has been starting to act up and not functioning like it used to (overheating randomly, cant handle games it used to be able to) and I've been thinking of bringing it up to my parents that maybe now would be a good time to get a new, better PC? The only reason I'm apprehensive to ask them is because they already paid for my current PC, and they recently got me an iPhone for graduating...

Any help on how to ask them / convince them? Or just advice in general, am I being too spoiled in trying to ask for a new computer? I don't know, that's why I'm making this thread :p
Tell them about your PC acting up, and that you would like some new parts or for it to be replaced. If they say something about paying then offer to help them around the house, find some work or whatever you can do to repay them :)

Reaction score
im only 14 and i dont have the money xD
Mate I have a 500$ build and a 200$ phone, I am 13 years old and I payed for them. If you don't like the way your parents think, make money by yourself, there isn't a way to convince them when your whole argument is wrong.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
They paid for you to build your own PC and it broke within 18 months. That's a good reason to not let you build one again. If you only built it a year and half ago, why not just try and fix it?

If it's overheating, try cleaning out dust from your case fans, CPU & GPU fans. If your case supports more case fans than you have, buy more. Make sure you have more fans exhausting than intaking. This can improve airflow and all you need to do is take out the fans and turn them over. If a component keeps overheating no matter what you do, try getting it replaced. If you only built it a year and a half ago, most of your parts should still be under warranty.

If it can't handle games; just upgrade it. There's no need to rebuild it if it's a relatively new PC. Posting your current specs would also be useful to determine what needs updating.

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
They paid for you to build your own PC and it broke within 18 months. That's a good reason to not let you build one again. If you only built it a year and half ago, why not just try and fix it?

If it's overheating, try cleaning out dust from your case fans, CPU & GPU fans. If your case supports more case fans than you have, buy more. Make sure you have more fans exhausting than intaking. This can improve airflow and all you need to do is take out the fans and turn them over. If a component keeps overheating no matter what you do, try getting it replaced. If you only built it a year and a half ago, most of your parts should still be under warranty.

If it can't handle games; just upgrade it. There's no need to rebuild it if it's a relatively new PC. Posting your current specs would also be useful to determine what needs updating.
It's not that the parts I already have are broken or anything, but the things I now do on my computer require better parts in basically all areas of the PC compared to what I originally planned to use my computer for when I was building it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci