• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help?

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
I need to get Skype. But my parents won't let me because they're afraid I'm going to get "hacked" even though Skype uses encryption, and it's totally safe ;-; I tried hiding it from them before, and they got really pissed off. Halp

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Skype can be used to DDoS other people. It has been done, and can still be done. Your IP can be obtained through Skype.
On the other hand, if you're a person that people generally like, it's usually risk-free, or nearly so. In your case, you seem to be a nice person, so there's rather little risk.

Kieee

Diamond
Reaction score
Umm, you can just tell them
"Please can I get skype that's all I want I'm 100% it won't get hacked and I would only talk to my best mates (on MCSG or IRL)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
What, are you not a good boy? :p just kidding

Ok, in seriousness:

Skype lets YOU limit who you talk to. No one can gain access to your personal information unless you A: Put it on Skype, for whatever reason, AND B: Add them as a contact
As long as you are careful of who you add as a contact, you won't run any risks. Skype itself is a very clean program with currently over 49 million people online as I'm writing this - and that's not even including people who aren't online right now.
Also, the advertisements are very small and don't shove themselves in your face, and they themselves are clean of viruses, malware, and pretty PG-rated. (Or E for Everyone? Idk.) Heck, there's not even ads 100% of the time.
Skype is useful for communication - both with online friends and your own family! Your parents, siblings, real life friends, and relatives who may have it can use it to get in touch with you if you're on your computer and/or phone. Unless you have a cell phone or something, then it's kind of meh. Also, if you're unable to attend family gatherings, you can still do video call for free, unless you don't have a webcam, they don't have a computer handy, etc. (also it's only with 2 people, not group video, which does cost extra.)

Reaction score
[quote"ToeKnee, post: 1027027, member: 93937"]i made an eight, but i'm not finished[/quote]
Pm me It?

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly don't think you are going to get hacked. MCSG doesn't get majorly hacked that often (Happens, nevertheless.) and the user base for MCSG is HUGE. I really don't think you have pissed off any hackers (Real hackers, not people that use modded clients.) I don't know what you should say, but you should say something along the lines of you haven't made any REAL hackers mad.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci