• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How can MCSG improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
Plus, we have updates to correct some the chests that makes it more like the V1 days because of all of the new items we have to deal with in the post Minecraft 1.2.5 realm.
You, my friend, know how to make a community happy.

Reaction score
No, no, no, NO.

I don't think people understand the "technical" part of a server this massive, but it's one helluva structure. V2 cleaned up a lot of the mess that V1 was, and therefor made it a lot cleaner of an experience while playing on the servers. While V1 had some good things with it, the majority of the people think V1 was phenomenal because of MC v1.2.5. This MC version period made the online experience a lot better, but after 1.3 was released, that all pretty much drained (I don't think very many people remember how bad 1.3 was and how buggy it made the plug in. It was one of the few times I quit because it was impossible to have fun.)

Anyways, with everyone saying "bring v1 back and dump v2", you're essentially spitting in the faces of the developers who spent dozens of hours of their own time developing a pretty damn complex plug in.

Sorry if I seem blunt, but even I'm a tad annoyed with seeing the complaints about v2.
Ehh, I agree and disagree with this. V2 did a lot that makes MCSG muuuch better. But it also did some to make it worse. (Mainly the chest items) But that's changing apparently.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Maps their should be:

Survival Games 1-5
Teweran 1-3
Breeze Island
Holiday Resort
ValleySide University
Solar Frost

If Mcsg does that and gets better chest loot ( Chad is already doing this) then Mcsg Will be fine.

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
Maps their should be:

Survival Games 1-5
Teweran 1-3
Breeze Island
Holiday Resort
ValleySide University
Solar Frost

If Mcsg does that and gets better chest loot ( Chad is already doing this) then Mcsg Will be fine.
You're missing Overgrown and Hungry Hills :p

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Ehh, I agree and disagree with this. V2 did a lot that makes MCSG muuuch better. But it also did some to make it worse. (Mainly the chest items) But that's changing apparently.
This is something that can be fixed though. It's still not enough incentive for someone to say "this is terrible, we MUST replace V2 back with V1."

That was essentially my main point with my original post.

Reaction score
Maps their should be:

Survival Games 1-5
Teweran 1-3
Breeze Island
Holiday Resort
ValleySide University
Solar Frost

Again, you forgot rugged lands, and you put in Breeze Island :p

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Plus, we have updates to correct some the chests that makes it more like the V1 days because of all of the new items we have to deal with in the post Minecraft 1.2.5 realm.
CHAD YOU HAVE TOO MUCH SWAG. YES! I need my compass so I can find spawn on any map bigger then SG4 :p

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
No, no, no, NO.

I don't think people understand the "technical" part of a server this massive, but it's one helluva structure. V2 cleaned up a lot of the mess that V1 was, and therefor made it a lot cleaner of an experience while playing on the servers. While V1 had some good things with it, the majority of the people think V1 was phenomenal because of MC v1.2.5. This MC version period made the online experience a lot better, but after 1.3 was released, that all pretty much drained (I don't think very many people remember how bad 1.3 was and how buggy it made the plug in. It was one of the few times I quit because it was impossible to have fun.)

Anyways, with everyone saying "bring v1 back and dump v2", you're essentially spitting in the faces of the developers who spent dozens of hours of their own time developing a pretty damn complex plug in.

Sorry if I seem blunt, but even I'm a tad annoyed with seeing the complaints about v2.

I can just smell the likes flocking to this post.

Jcamotts

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But on a serious note. #Bring Hungry Hills Back 2013. It's honestly the best option available. Want to make MCSG more like the hunger games? That's how you do it. A map that makes you feel like you're alone and where you can truly hunt, or be the hunted!
I agree with you, Hungry Hills was one of the most well built Maps we had, it made it feel like you could gather recourses without having to run into someone every 5 seconds, it made it feel like the actual Hunger Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci