• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Do You Guys Feel About 48/120 SG Servers?

J

District 13
Reaction score
The title says it all.
I've noticed that many people complain about the huge amounts of 48/120 SG Servers in the hub. Considering how most players play on 24 lobbies, do you guys feel that the amounts of 48 and 120 servers are too much? Since I'm not a huge SG player, I don't really hate the 48 or 120 servers. So what do you guys feel about it?

Vigilo

District 13
Reaction score
The title says it all.
I've noticed that many people complain about the huge amounts of 48/120 SG Servers in the hub. Considering how most players play on 24 lobbies, do you guys feel that the amounts of 48 and 120 servers are too much? Since I'm not a huge SG player, I don't really hate the 48 or 120 servers. So what do you guys feel about it?
Sometimes it's cool to play on a 48 server when you are with really really much people. However, I never really play on them.

Besides that, I really don't see the point in 120 servers. I don't see much people in them, not even on peak times... I don't see a reason to hate them, but I never see that they are used

Reactions: J

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
I think they are great, every now and then it's nice to have a larger game(48) to get that long survival feel back instead of a quick pvp packed 24 player match.

As for 120.. I think it's better for things such as streams or fan games for very large youtubers. That way if someone like Huahwi wanted to let a large amount of his fans(donors and non donors) play a game with him, he could. And he also probably wouldn't die right off the start.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I love the 120 man servers (When they fill up) cause when I win them I feel like a god when im bad!

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I don't hate them, its just that there are barely any good maps for them. I love SG:Shore and thats why I play 48. I don't like any of the other maps. Thats my reason for not playing on them.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
I even have a chest route on Forsaken Ascension.

Although 120 servers are rarely played, the devs should revert it to become only 2 or 1 before the update, as well as fix the crashing issue (cough cough Alaskan Village). 48 man servers are fun to play on.

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
Both have a purpose that no one seems to realize.

48 Players:
It has a larger game, and enables you to play with your whole clan or larger teams without filling up the whole lobby adding challenges, it also has bigger maps which leads to more exploration.

120 Players:
For livestreams or just to have fun with teams, for livestreams one player with 100s of viewers can join it with their viewers.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem is that there is no seperation between the three, and it annoys everyone who has ever played. Seriously, getting into a 24 man game can be a huge pain. With the constantly moving beacon menu, it's even more frustrating. I have joined 120 man games countless times, only to leave them about 2 seconds later. In fact, I've never even played one. (Well, I may have, but never EVER much more than the minimum number of players.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
The problem is that there is no seperation between the three, and it annoys everyone who has ever played. Seriously, getting into a 24 man game can be a huge pain. With the constantly moving beacon menu, it's even more frustrating. I have joined 120 man games countless times, only to leave them about 2 seconds later. In fact, I've never even played one. (Well, I may have, but never EVER much more than the minimum number of players.
This. This. This. I personally never play 48 or 120 person servers but I can see why people would. Sometimes, it seems like practically every server on my beacon is a 48 or 120 person server so that can be frustrating. I think with a bit of separation between all the servers, I'd be pretty content with the number of different servers we have.

I've gotten to the point where I much prefer using the signs to join lobbies. There seems to be more 24 person servers on the signs than on the beacon and also its all organized in one area. The only annoying thing about this is that I have to run from behind the fountain up to the signs between each game (first world problems.. I know). It'd be cool to have two separate spawn areas: one in front of the signs if you've just come from an SG game and one at the back of the fountain if you just came from the main hub. That would help with the congregation of AFK players that stand at the back of the hub and leave their aimbot on as well. We would actually be able to see names and whatnot ;)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
there are too many. i dont see the point in more than 1 120 unless 2 large youtubers are streaming, and remind me the last time antvenom, tomahawk, and huahwi streamed here?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
This. This. This. I personally never play 48 or 120 person servers but I can see why people would. Sometimes, it seems like practically every server on my beacon is a 48 or 120 person server so that can be frustrating. I think with a bit of separation between all the servers, I'd be pretty content with the number of different servers we have.

I've gotten to the point where I much prefer using the signs to join lobbies. There seems to be more 24 person servers on the signs than on the beacon and also its all organized in one area. The only annoying thing about this is that I have to run from behind the fountain up to the signs between each game (first world problems.. I know). It'd be cool to have two separate spawn areas: one in front of the signs if you've just come from an SG game and one at the back of the fountain if you just came from the main hub. That would help with the congregation of AFK players that stand at the back of the hub and leave their aimbot on as well. We would actually be able to see names and whatnot ;)
you can click the sign on your compass, and it teleports you straight to the signs. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci