• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Do You Guys Feel About 48/120 SG Servers?

Lis

Career
Reaction score
This. This. This. I personally never play 48 or 120 person servers but I can see why people would. Sometimes, it seems like practically every server on my beacon is a 48 or 120 person server so that can be frustrating. I think with a bit of separation between all the servers, I'd be pretty content with the number of different servers we have.

I've gotten to the point where I much prefer using the signs to join lobbies. There seems to be more 24 person servers on the signs than on the beacon and also its all organized in one area. The only annoying thing about this is that I have to run from behind the fountain up to the signs between each game (first world problems.. I know). It'd be cool to have two separate spawn areas: one in front of the signs if you've just come from an SG game and one at the back of the fountain if you just came from the main hub. That would help with the congregation of AFK players that stand at the back of the hub and leave their aimbot on as well. We would actually be able to see names and whatnot ;)
Thisss. I could not have said it better myself. You took the words right from my...fingers :p

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
I personally like the 48-player servers more than the 24-player servers. It has bigger maps which I like, and they seem to have a little more action because of the higher density of players. I feel they would be played more, but the signs are kind of hidden in the survival games hub and even I sometimes forget about them. I think they would be played MUCH more if they were mixed in with the 24-player signs in the hub. I feel that it is a chain reaction that most people don't see the signs, and when they do, there is nobody else on and they decide not to play.

On the other hand, the 120-player server was good when it first came out because people were looking for bigger games. As time went on, more 120 servers came out, which was a bad idea, and eventually, nobody played on them anymore because SG3 was becoming a less popular map, and it was the only one available. When Forsaken Ascension came out, I saw a few games being played on there, but never more than 50. I think that we should go back to having 1 120 server per region, because they are beneficial for streams and such. They weren't a bad investment originally, but I think we need to downsize a bit on this style and again, move it to a more visible spot.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
There should be 12 man servers so that people who want a quick game and don't wanna play solar frost can do so.

Nitro

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like they are often a lot of fun to play on.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I personally like playing on 48 servers a lot more than 24 servers. This is because the 48 player servers actually have good maps (Fallen Empire, SG1, SG2, SG3, Survival Kingdom, Hungry Hills, Kharmunrah, Castle Dracula, etc.) and they don't have all the tiny, overplayed maps that I despise (Par 72, Turbulence, Alaskan Village, etc.). As for 120 servers, I think there should be one but that's it, as no one ever plays them but it could be useful If Chad or someone popular is livestreaming or something. (Who am I kidding this isn't 2012 anymore when does Chad ever livestream nowadays?) So maybe lower the number of these servers but definitely don't get rid of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci