• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How do you use diamond, gold ingots etc?

survivalfanatic

Tribute
Reaction score
I know its probably obvious and I'm probably getting laughed at by the pros. :< lol But yeah, I get diamond, but it does nothing when I put it on the crafting table with a sword. What else do I need to do? (I probably should have played the single player more)

Because it just seems you can't win a game without it. Which is why I love survival games 1 because hardly any diamond, and its the one I've almost won on! :3 For me against diamond people = screwed. So I need to know the deal!

Thank you. <3

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
You can make a diamond sword by putting a stick in one of the bottom slots and a diamond in each slot above that. Same thing with iron and gold swords (but you shouldn't really make gold swords, as they suck unless you can enchant them).

survivalfanatic

Tribute
Reaction score
Thank you guys! :)

I do normally check the wikis but I wasn't sure if some of the same rules applied to SG's. Oh, and thanks for reminding me but how do you use enchant tables as well? It just comes up with a bunch of numbers. :p

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you guys! :)

I do normally check the wikis but I wasn't sure if some of the same rules applied to SG's. Oh, and thanks for reminding me but how do you use enchant tables as well? It just comes up with a bunch of numbers. :p
You gain experience levels by killing mobs (also mining ores, but that doesn't apply here), and you can spend those points in an enchantment table. You take the item you want to enchant and put it in the left slot, then you can choose an enchantment from the three options to the right (if you have enough XP). If you don't have enough, or want a higher level enchantment, just replace the item in its slot until you find someone you like.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Not all maps have an enchantment table in it. Most Variede maps have enchantment tables in it.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Everybody starts somewhere.
Mhm.

Me as a noob to MCSG: *Spends hours trying to join a server to play one game* "Why isn't this working! It must be that only donors even have a chance to get in! I just can't join!"

Me as a noob to Minecraft: *Spends 5 minutes trying to craft a pickaxe* "Wait...I swear I did this right...why won't it let me craft the pick! I can craft all the other tools! Do I have some sort of demo version of the game or something?" I then continued to play without a pickaxe making dirt houses and stuff for a few hours until I checked the recipe online again.

:p I seriously had an extremely tough time getting into the servers at first, I almost gave up...glad I didn't. I eventually found out how to easily get in as a non-donor. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci