• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does Chad's presence benefit MCGamer? STAFF QUESTION

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Yes I agree. Let me clarify what I meant. I did not mean that every staff member posts on this thread saying how bad of a job Chad is doing. What I meant is that the staff could do more to encourage him to change, or (in worst case scenario) to work towards forcing change. This can be done internally, with little impact on the community.

For example, people could approach him on Slack, or in a meeting if he ever shows up and explain to him the situation, and make some suggestions. I know it is not ideal, but at this point if something doesn't change MCGamer is going to die.
If you think moderators could influence how Chad runs his server try talking to the administration who have pending messages to him from weeks ago

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Alright - Let's take a swing at these

What does he do in terms of work behind the scenes?

I, as a moderator, have never had any contact with Chad. However, I have never had a request that required Chad directly - the two situations I've had "Chad questions" I took them to Yannick and he handled them to the best of his ability.

How does his leadership help the staff team?

Again, as I have never talked to him, this question doesn't really apply. The leadership and skills from the Sr. mods and admins, which they learned from previous sr. mods and admins, eventually stems back to Chad in a way.

Does it seem like the admins and Chad have good communication/collaboration?

Somewhat yes. I am totally comfortable taking an issue to an admin for them to communicate it to Chad when he is around on slack.

When you submit a proposal that requires Chad, are you confident that he gives it the consideration that it deserves?

If it is a serious proposal then I am confident that the administrators will handle it appropriately. I've never had one of these so I don't know.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
If you think moderators could influence how Chad runs his server try talking to the administration who have pending messages to him from weeks ago
Not saying it is easy. But it is certainly possible. I did it myself once. Yes I actually managed to get in contact with Chad with in three days over an issue when I was on the staff team. And this was doing a period where it took three months for him to get something done for an admin.

It may not be easy, but it is possible. And there are other ways as well without directly talking to him.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Not saying it is easy. But it is certainly possible. I did it myself once. Yes I actually managed to get in contact with Chad with in three days over an issue when I was on the staff team. And this was doing a period where it took three months for him to get something done for an admin.

It may not be easy, but it is possible. And there are other ways as well without directly talking to him.
Keep dreaming son

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Keep dreaming son
Staff can easily influence Chad if they want too. It really is not that hard, unless Chad really does want MCG to die. In which case then they should all just quit.

You don't have to talk to him to influence him.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
Staff can easily influence Chad if they want too. It really is not that hard, unless Chad really does want MCG to die. In which case then they should all just quit.

You don't have to talk to him to influence him.
Could you explain how you could influence him without talking to him?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Could you explain how you could influence him without talking to him?
  1. The next time you see him, politely point out that if he spent a few minutes a week engaging with people it would have a positive effect. I know it is hard to find him, but he is occasionally at a meeting on TS. It could take a month or two to find him, but don't be scared and say something.
  2. Have an admin speak up. This of course requires an admin, but if you can convince one to say something similar to what I suggested in #2 do it.
  3. Dm him on Slack with some polite suggestions. He may never read it, but there is a chance he will. Don't have like 10 people do it, that would just be rude, but two or three would be good.
  4. Do #4 but have a Sr. Staff member do it. He checks Sr. Staff slack more often.
If you do three or four of those things, chances are you will have a good chance of him at least thinking about the situation. Will it influence him for sure? Who knows. It has a decent chance though.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
  1. The next time you see him, politely point out that if he spent a few minutes a week engaging with people it would have a positive effect. I know it is hard to find him, but he is occasionally at a meeting on TS. It could take a month or two to find him, but don't be scared and say something.
  2. Have an admin speak up. This of course requires an admin, but if you can convince one to say something similar to what I suggested in #2 do it.
  3. Dm him on Slack with some polite suggestions. He may never read it, but there is a chance he will. Don't have like 10 people do it, that would just be rude, but two or three would be good.
  4. Do #4 but have a Sr. Staff member do it. He checks Sr. Staff slack more often.
If you do three or four of those things, chances are you will have a good chance of him at least thinking about the situation. Will it influence him for sure? Who knows. It has a decent chance though.
Have you seen the staff team? It went from 100 to 48 in less than 6 months. The senior staff team has gone on a constant downwards spiral after Razz resigned because there was no organisation. Chad hasn't been on TeamSpeak since Yannick and Logan were assigned admin which was like 8 months ago or something???? DMing him on Slack once again - does nothing. He used to be somewhat responsive and would answer questions but everything seems to have crashed since then.

Last edited by a moderator:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Have you seen the staff team? It went from 100 to 48 in less than 6 months. The senior staff team has gone on a constant downwards spiral after Razz resigned because there was no organisation. Chad hasn't been on TeamSpeak since Yannick and Logan were assigned admin which was like 8 months ago or something???? DMing him on Slack once again - does nothing. He used to be somewhat responsive and would answer questions but everything seems to have crashed since then.
So you are telling me that nobody on the staff team has anyway of contacting Chad? Including the admins? No way. And even if he doesn't respond he might read it.

I know for mods it is very hard. For admins and sr. staff it is possible even if difficult.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
So you are telling me that nobody on the staff team has anyway of contacting Chad? Including the admins? No way. And even if he doesn't respond he might read it.

I know for mods it is very hard. For admins and sr. staff it is possible even if difficult.
Can confirm he was uncontactable for my last month as a senior staff member

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
like that one Nick used to run (I forget the name even though I hosted it a few times) as well as
community focus group? Niall

As for my part as an ex staff/senior staff, I think in all the times I was on TeamSpeak, I saw him 4 times. Once at the senior staff meeting with the huge batch of senior staff, once in a mod chat, once up with Dave and Col_StaR and I talked to them for like a few seconds to fix a glitch, once I moved him up to tell him to start impersonating (LOL), and once at like a Q&A or something I forget... So maybe 5 times idk...

I think with Chad missing, it lets a lot of admins to think they basically control the server. As in false demotions, punishments, changes, leaving key senior staff out of important discussions (can name a few) etc. Since they say to themselves you know Chad is not here, I will take decisions and I won't get in trouble for it, which they don't.

Chad's a good guy and he was a great asset to the server, but as Ceroria mentioned, him NOT being here is a huge minus, especially on the parts I covered previously.

And anyone saying he is there when he is really needed is true in a way, example back in October when around 18 mods got promoted to senior mod (my batch), he attended the meeting, but this was a huge changement to MCGamer so I wasn't surprised at all.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
community focus group? Niall

As for my part as an ex staff/senior staff, I think in all the times I was on TeamSpeak, I saw him 4 times. Once at the senior staff meeting with the huge batch of senior staff, once in a mod chat, once up with Dave and Col_StaR and I talked to them for like a few seconds to fix a glitch, once I moved him up to tell him to start impersonating (LOL), and once at like a Q&A or something I forget... So maybe 5 times idk...

I think with Chad missing, it lets a lot of admins to think they basically control the server. As in false demotions, punishments, changes, leaving key senior staff out of important discussions (can name a few) etc. Since they say to themselves you know Chad is not here, I will take decisions and I won't get in trouble for it, which they don't.

Chad's a good guy and he was a great asset to the server, but as Ceroria mentioned, him NOT being here is a huge minus, especially on the parts I covered previously.

And anyone saying he is there when he is really needed is true in a way, example back in October when around 18 mods got promoted to senior mod (my batch), he attended the meeting, but this was a huge changement to MCGamer so I wasn't surprised at all.
Your second paragraph is oh-so wrong. I'm not that well informed about your demotion but I can assure you Cam did an exceptional job as an administrator and to say that he basically kept the interest of the community high for quite a while would be correct. As he had experience, he had a lot more to offer for the server in comparison to the more recent administrators who don't really have as much contact with Chad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci