• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Has MCGamer Improved Your Life?

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I've felt more open with accepting and portraying opinions, regardless how much it differed from mine since I've joined, but that's one of the only positive attributes that come to mind.

Lis

Career
Reaction score
I was never really into talking to people through skype/TeamSpeak until I started playing on here. Even though I'm still incredibly shy, coming to this community has helped me build social skills and wonderful friendships.

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
Gosh where do I even start. I'll just make it simple.

Before I joined MCGamer, I never really found a hobby or anything I truly enjoyed. MCGamer brought me closer to my sisters through countless hours of trying to get good at MCSG, it made me more social by introducing me to Teamspeak (something I would've thought was super weird before), and it introduced me to friends that I could never ever replace or forget. As sad as it sounds, MCGamer is a HUGE part of my life. I'll always work to give back to a community that has offered me so much.

The other day I was thinking to myself, "Seriously, Vanessa... why do you care so much about MCGamer? Why does anyone care?" And I thought of this...

MCGamer is a world that we have created together. It's a world where there are no oceans to separate us, no physics to limit us, and no adults to contain us. It's a place to escape the real world and to just chase a full leather noob for 7 minutes around spawn until he dies. I think that's how MCGamer has improved my life the most and maybe that's why people care so much. :)

Rant session with Vanicle is over! Back to studying for my final on Friday...

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCGamer/MCSG, whatever you want to call it has changed my life so much. I'm more open with people, it has taught me who my true friends are, and I met someone very special to me here*cough*tal*omg*

I think everyone can leave here with something positive, even if at the time they don't think it is, because even if they leave the server mad at someone or whatever, their time here will help them grow as a person.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
The amazing people Ive met. And tbh the best people in this community are the ones active on the forums.

Exzone

District 13
Reaction score
MCGamer improved my English skills tbh. Also, it is awesome to know that you can talk to someone and play with him even if he is miles away from you. And also, one more thing, MCGamer made me more responsible. That is the most important thing for me.

iFly3r

Platinum
Reaction score
Mcsg used to be fun but its kinda sad how people waste their lifes on this block game. I know 17 year olds that still play this game and they have no social life other than mcsg forums. Ever since i stopped playing i became a better person. I would hang out with my friends and go to parties and do all the crazy Good teenagers used to do. Im just saying that its ok to play this game time to time like me, but dont waste all ur time on the computer cuz when ur older u will regret it.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
I've meet tons of people I would have never otherwise met, and it has also improved with my ability to openly talk with people :).

Zinc // Akash754

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How has MCGamer improved your life?
Lots of things can help you in life and just life skills in general. This thread is to see if MCGamer had any effects on your life whether it be from social skills to kindness. After 2 years of playing here, I was able to develop my social skills a lot more and make new friends online and IRL. I was also able to see the kindness in others as well as integrity which has made me mature too. So has MCGamer or any other games/communities have had an effect on your real life?
lots of new peeps

fun times woth irl friends too

nothing else rands

jk <333

Reaction score
To be honest, MCGamer has improved my life a lot in ways I wouldn't expect.

MCSG (I still like to refer to it as MCSG) taught me how to PvP.

It's showed me that not everyone on the internet is horrible.

It has given me something to relate to with people and make more friends in school.

I used to just sit around, watch TV, do nothing before I started playing minecraft. Although it may seem like that's all I do now, except I sit around on a computer, Minecraft has made me wonder what to do with my life and it has encouraged me to relearn piano (I'm learning a song that I want to perform for OMN one day). It has also taught me leadership, editing skills, & YouTubing on some aspects. After a month of playing Minecraft survival, I was bored of it. Then I discovered something called Multiplayer <3 The first Multiplayer server I ever went on was MCSG back in 2013. From there, I picked up what kind of people that others were, how to deal with them, what is acceptable and not acceptable to say to others, and so much more.

I haven't let Minecraft take control of my grades although when I started playing, they went down, but that was because of Algebra :(

Also, I think Minecraft/MCSG has improved my spelling/grammar. Whenever I see a foreign word, I search it up and the context it can be used in whereas if I had never played Minecraft/MCSG, I never would've come across that word.

Before I started really going on TeamSpeak, I'd never really expressed myself and stood up for myself. Although I prefer not to talk a lot on TS, I type in chat a lot as a brave person who stands up for themselves & others and who tries to do the right thing. I've become more confident this way IRL.

Another thing is the staff. After I got tired of MCSG & played on other big servers, I really learned the corruption in power. Many staff members on other big servers (it seems like) didn't really care for the well-being of others. They just cared about themselves & where they stand. I myself was sick of this and was about to quit Minecraft. That was then I realized I'd never seen in it MCSG staff. I'd seen how they warned players before punishing them & their forgiveness policy. I especially remember back in 2013/2014 when I saw Vanicle in action. Anyways, it only hit me that I should be a participating member in the MCGamer Community very recently. I've pretty much loved every single staff member I've ever talked with & admired MCSG for hiring such staff members. This definitely has made me see the good in people. I owe that to MCSG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci