• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How open are you about what you do online with your parents?

Do your parents know what you do online?

• Total voters

Brigade

Career
Reaction score
I feel a bit bad for my parents.

I don't really talk to them much about what I do, but they know I play MCGamer, they know I'm a moderator, and they know I talk to a lot of different people. However, I rarely tell them specifics because I feel like this is kind of my own "paradise" up in my room having a ton of fun and I don't want to share it with anyone else. :/

They respect my privacy and don't question me too much, but they do expect me to keep my grades up, be mature, and abide by house rules. I do all of those things, so they don't have much to complain about! :)

I don't curse because a) they'd probably ground me for a month and b) I feel that cursing is demoralizing. I suppose that they've helped me steer clear of any trouble online: I know clearly what's right and wrong and tend to do the right thing!

Unfortunately, I sometimes feel bad for not spending very much time with them. My mom gets upset for putting Minecraft over family, which makes me feel absolutely horrible. It's an internal conflict that I struggle with: I can either go to a mod meeting, or I can go and watch a movie with my family. They don't understand how important some of the things I do are and how many people depend on me, but then again, I don't tell them much.

I even agree: anything on Minecraft is less important than stuff in IRL, but sometimes I feel trapped online because I've made a commitment without thinking about my family. Being stuck between a rock and a hard place is extremely frustrating...

My parents learned to hate clans over last summer (I was heavily involved and spent WAY too much time in them :p) which often got me in a lot of trouble. I got in countless arguments about being able to play in clan battles, which kind of hurt my relationship with my mother. To this day, I regret spending as much time in clans as I did. Clans did nothing to improve my experience on MCGamer. While they were fun at time, they were mainly stressful for both me and my family.

Lately I've been spending a lot more time with my family because I quit clans, and I feel that being a staff member is much less taxing. There is no scheduled time I have to be on, and I don't have to do things 24/7.

As long as I remain a kind person IRL, spend time with my family, and keep my grades up, my parents will be fine with me playing even if they don't know everything of what I do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to actually get to your question. :p Am I open to sharing what I do online with my parents?

If I need to, yes.

I don't have a problem with sharing things with them, but at the same time I'd rather not. xD I feel that if I told them more, they'd be supportive and understanding.
For me it is like my parents do not know what I do online. They think I am talking to irl friends but in reality i do a combo of each.When they ask who I am talking to i say one of my friends irl friends.Also i am in my room my mom respects my privacy and doesn't come bursting into my room.Unlike my dad who just doesn't care about my room and my privacy. My parents dont like me spending all of my time on my computer and as long as I keep my grades up they don't care so much about what I do and what I do in my free time.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
To make a long story short... they don't care

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
My parents have no idea...they think i just play minecraft with some irl friends so they call me anti-social...

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
My parents know that I play Minecraft, but not that I have TeamSpeak.
I used to have Skype, but my mom found out and I lost access to it after she deleted it.

Oh yeah, bad boy. Breakin' dem rules since 1980, fools.

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
I am only allowed technology on the weekend and that is for a hour each day. No Skype no Teamspeak. Honestly I think I got put with the worse tech parents ever. I have researched and found out that not getting a lot of time on the computer will just encourage me to try and sneak on and make me obsessed. You can say that is true. Dad is really okay with me getting to speak with other people. I am 12 now and probably only allowed to skype people in real life.

E

EagleMan

All of these things have become very normal to me, but with parents, a generation convinced everyone on the internet is a 40-year old mustached man, can be hard to make sense of.
I loled xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci