• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How the hell do ya win?

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
Play smart, think through every move you make, develop/research strategies on various maps, have many good routes. These small things separate bad players from good players, and filter out the crap people say, because that just lowers your motivation and self-esteem.

LlamaLover4Life

Experienced
Reaction score
Play smart, think through every move you make, develop/research strategies on various maps, have many good routes. These small things separate bad players from good players, and filter out the crap people say, because that just lowers your motivation and self-esteem.
the God of au

Ecto_

Platinum
Reaction score
If you're looking for AU servers I have a few I play on, vast, orchestra and oresomecraft to name a few. If you want the ip's message me on skype :)

numberlock

Spectator
Reaction score
You should practice your fishing rod, bow and sword skills.
Try playing/practicing on servers like roxbot, swish etc. You can find a lot of guides on how to win here on this forum.

If you can, you should try to record your own gameplay. You could learn a lot from rewatching the games you did not win.
It's good to be learning from your mistakes. You will improve(thru time) and hopefully not repeat the same mistake again.

BAGHRB

Career
Reaction score
Plan out chest routes with at LEAST 4 or 5 tiers 2s on them, and plenty of tier 1s for you to choose from as you go along on it. You can watch an abundance of chest route videos on YouTube or in the Media Section of the forums. Make sure you have at least 2 on each map you play. If you don't have a chest route on a specific map, then don't play it until you do. Next, make sure to play defensive at first; don't make decisions that have large chances of you failing, for example attacking a team of good players head-on or going on a chest route that is very known and popular or with someone that you know has a weapon. Also, you will need to have good frame rate to play and PvP well. Before, when I used my Windows XP to play, I couldn't do a thing, and got 27 wins in about 5 months. Don't be like young me. When I got my Windows 8, I was getting 40-50, and with Optifine, I boosted it to 70-100. Finally, practice is key. If you warm up and practice before you play MCSG, you won't make silly PvP mistakes. I usually go on Roxbot or the Battlegrounds to practice until I am getting 3-4 kills per death, or in the case of Battlegrounds, winning 80% of the rounds (which I do, anyway).

Once you follow these steps, you will slowly improve your skill, maybe without you knowing it. Soonafter, you will win more often and without much trouble, as you've already adapted.

CresHD

Spectator
Reaction score
Take a break refresh yourself you'll come back better, trust me ;)

Lord of The Yolks

Spectator
Reaction score
If you want to get better at pvp, you really need constant practice, just like math :D

To Improve In PVP:
Just watch a few videos on strafing, combos, etc. and practice those moves on any server. My advice is that you don't stop practicing, if you stop for like 2 days you can see the significant drop in your skill. Be sure to have constant FPS and Ping, those are key in pvp.

To Improve In SG:
SG is a whole different story, this gamemode is like chess.. or something. This requires strategic thinking and quick judgement. You really need to memorize the maps. Every chest route, choke points, crafting tables and so on. I'd recommend you play more on the popular maps and try to memorize them. You never know, someone might just take your only chest route in that map and you're going to be screwed. Or if there is a team at spawn and you needed to craft something(E.G Diamond Sword)? You're going to be stuck with your lower teired sword unless the team moves away. You don't necessary need to be a pro pvper to be a decent SG Player, it's more of thinking smart. I recommend playing defensive if you really care about wins avoid going into direct contact with other players but just watch them from afar, and if they ever engage in a fight, join the clean up crew.

In addition, be sure to get breaks every once in awhile, don't pvp when you're hungry. Seriously, you will not win fights. Trust me, I've been there. And no matter what the situation is, do not panic in the middle of the fight. Just run to buy time and think of a strategy or pray that you will run into another player. If you get an adrenaline rush, good for you.

If you are so unfortunate to run into a hacker, just run and hide in a safe spot to start up your recording software(If you have one) and record the hacker. Reporting it to the forums is more important so that you will never ever see him ever again in random matches(Unless the guy has 200 alts or something.)

Always remember that pros have been in our situation once, they just practiced a lot. So if they can do it, you can do it too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci