• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How To Be A Better PVP Player

How To Be A Better PVP Player

• Block Hitting

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Jump and attack

Votes: 106 79.1%

• Total voters

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
I recommend strafing/jumping around rather than block-hitting.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1.Use Fns
2.Use Fishing Rod
3.Strafe
4. If it is a team focus on one guy than the other guy
5.Golden Carrots saturate the highest
6. Eat golden apples if you are low on health and if you are being chased only eat if you are far enough away
7.Dont put on armor unless you get a wood sword or better
8.Block hitting if you know how to use it
9.If you lost a hunger bar and you see somebody or a team and they come at you eat your highest saturation food(If you have a golden carrot and Steak eat the golden carrot)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
It really depends on the situation you're in.
Here's 3 examples of possible situations:
1. In water
2. On flat land
3. On a mountain

Water: Blockhit. That's the best way to avoid taking damage. If you can do it right, then it's possible to outlast an opponent with much better gear (Although if its full leather stone sword vs iron armor, diamond sword, just run away.)

On flat land: Strafe! Get behind the opponent. Blockhitting can be easily defeated if you are a good strafer - I speak from experience. If the other person can't hit you, then you don't have to blockhit. Run around them, but don't take wildly large loops around them. Make small circles, not large ones. That way you move around the opponent faster and they have less time to react. It's tough to do this right if you're using a trackpad, unless you're really good with it.

On a mountain: Get above them, if you can. Then you can sprint at them, using the knockback to hit them off the mountain. Deals a lot of damage, has the chance of a critical hit, and they will fall, hurting them even more. If you can't sprint, though, due to either lack of space or just bad sprinting skills, then blockhit. They can't strafe around you easily (Unless they hack and/or are really good), so if you blockhit then you will hopefully be able to outlast them, just like in water.

Hope this helps you.

Oh, another thing I wanted to write:
Flint N' Steel and Bows.
Flint N' Steel will stun their sprint and deal tons of damage. As long as you can avoid lighting yourself on fire, it is very effective unless they dodge it. Don't use it when they are far away, as they will just avoid/extinguish it.
Bows: Long-ranged weapons. When fully charged, they do as much as a diamond sword (I think). Great for hitting people off mountains, pushing them away from you in water, or hitting people who are in water. Assuming you have decent aim. It helps, as well, in DeathMatch - Aim at them, then fire once you are free to move around. A good way to stun their sprint and/or get the first hit.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I say strafe and jump hit but when in a semi close area or you've got nothing to lose, block hit and jump.

mathijs3011

Platinum
Reaction score
If youre behind people jump and hit if youre in front of people block hit

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
I recommend you jump in circles around your opponent thus making it harder for them to hit you, and when you do a crittical hit, it can give up to 50% damage (blocking gives you up to 50% damage reduction as well). Also have at least 4 flint and steel in your hotbar to set teams on fire when they are running at you, this gives you a major advantage. And before you go in to combat, i suggest eating a golden apple before you do. Also eat as many gold carrots as you can since they have a high sat. value, it will keep you full longer. Also create distractions if you're being chased e.g. running towards other players and make them fight each other, they will more likely choose the one who has more loot. Also if you are on a flat area and there's some 1 block high pieces of land, get the low ground cus your hitbox is smaller when you are under. If you are on a mountain however, try to get the high ground cus you can knock them off the edge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci