• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How To Be A Better PVP Player

How To Be A Better PVP Player

• Block Hitting

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Jump and attack

Votes: 106 79.1%

• Total voters

ZeLhslovak

Spectator
Reaction score
I just want to get better in MCSG Hunger Games, but I'm just keep on getting killed.
I know it's really hard to explain but if there's any ways to be a better PVP Player, please tell me. thank you.
1. Jump and attack or block hitting (whatever works best for you).
2. Strafing and circling around enemies while in combat.
3. Practice fighting on kitpvp servers.

Ender_Harold

Career
Reaction score
I
It really depends on the situation you're in.
Here's 3 examples of possible situations:
1. In water
2. On flat land
3. On a mountain

Water: Blockhit. That's the best way to avoid taking damage. If you can do it right, then it's possible to outlast an opponent with much better gear (Although if its full leather stone sword vs iron armor, diamond sword, just run away.)

On flat land: Strafe! Get behind the opponent. Blockhitting can be easily defeated if you are a good strafer - I speak from experience. If the other person can't hit you, then you don't have to blockhit. Run around them, but don't take wildly large loops around them. Make small circles, not large ones. That way you move around the opponent faster and they have less time to react. It's tough to do this right if you're using a trackpad, unless you're really good with it.

On a mountain: Get above them, if you can. Then you can sprint at them, using the knockback to hit them off the mountain. Deals a lot of damage, has the chance of a critical hit, and they will fall, hurting them even more. If you can't sprint, though, due to either lack of space or just bad sprinting skills, then blockhit. They can't strafe around you easily (Unless they hack and/or are really good), so if you blockhit then you will hopefully be able to outlast them, just like in water.

Hope this helps you.

Oh, another thing I wanted to write:
Flint N' Steel and Bows.
Flint N' Steel will stun their sprint and deal tons of damage. As long as you can avoid lighting yourself on fire, it is very effective unless they dodge it. Don't use it when they are far away, as they will just avoid/extinguish it.
Bows: Long-ranged weapons. When fully charged, they do as much as a diamond sword (I think). Great for hitting people off mountains, pushing them away from you in water, or hitting people who are in water. Assuming you have decent aim. It helps, as well, in DeathMatch - Aim at them, then fire once you are free to move around. A good way to stun their sprint and/or get the first hit.
I like what you had to say, Moo. However, you can have a good advantage on a mountain by being almost underneath your opponent. As known, it is harder to hit someone who is far enough below you, so you can kill someone on a mountain quite easily using this method as well.

Kcinayy

Platinum
Reaction score
Blockhitting is ofcourse a way to kill people with the same amount of armour and the same weapon. But the way to which is actually the most effective, is (I think) streeve around the player from the left to right, and let this player not hit you. ;)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I

I like what you had to say, Moo. However, you can have a good advantage on a mountain by being almost underneath your opponent. As known, it is harder to hit someone who is far enough below you, so you can kill someone on a mountain quite easily using this method as well.
While that is true, there are certain times when either method is most effective. A lot of people seem to know how to go below for the advantage, and not as many people hit others off mountains. It does happen, but not as much, so I tend to point it out.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Theres MUCH more than just block hitting/jumping and attacking.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Theres MUCH more than just block hitting/jumping and attacking.
It's also the execution of tactics, planning, strategy, and overall skill with various maneuvers. Among other things.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would say that the 2 main strategies you need to master are, killing teams and getting away from bad situations. I know there's hundreds of side strategies.

Wickyy

Career
Reaction score
No block hitting is way to easy to counter :p all you need to counter block hitting is to know how to strafe.

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
No block hitting is way to easy to counter :p all you need to counter block hitting is to know how to strafe.
Actually, the best way to counter block hitting is to run away. Then hit them with flint and steel or shoot them with arrows. Then come back and finish them off.

RuexMedia

Spectator
Reaction score
What i have always done is Circle my opponent and that way when they try and hit me they hit the block i was just on.

leMaCderp

Career
Reaction score
It's simple.
Circle around the player, utilize your surroundings, and be precise (accurate) hitting him.
I call it "cup", that's how I can PvP without bowspamming, using a fishing rod, or using fire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci