• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to defend yourself from hackers of all kinds

jcten

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello all MCGamers!

I've noticed that the MCGamer network was a victim of a major hack. Some members were targeted, but I will try to help you all, so you can defend yourself from almost ALL sorts of hacks I know off.

First of, can you trust me? Yes, you can. I have knowledge in terms of hacking. I play around with tools for people that request to find weakness in their system. I will start of by telling you how to defend yourself from the well-known, password crack.

Well, password cracking is well-known all over the world. Some people see hacking as people that cracks passwords.

The most known password crack tool is called Bruteforce. This tool takes a password list and tries to crack the password directed to the username/email. These attacks can take a long time, and you also need a password list. Password lists only contain ordinary passwords. Well, some contains 2100000 passwords.
The Bruteforce tries around 20 passwords in a second from that password list. This can take around 4 hours if you have over 2100000 different passwords.

How to defend yourself from a Bruteforce

Do not, I repeat, do not use passwords like "minecraft" or "manchesterunited". The password list is surely containing that combination. I recommend using passwords mixed with big letters and numbers etc. Let me give you an example.

94UjKLs-Diras32-gfiDS45

This password is pretty much un-crackable. The password list will never have something like that in its list.

There are more sorts of password cracking methods, but I haven't looked into these very much, so it would be tough for me to explain.

I will go over to the next hacking thing.

DDoS

This attack called DDoS stands for Distributed Denial of Service. I do not think that this is called hacking. People buy these from web booters. People that uses other peoples DDoS script is called a script kiddy. This attack is very very very illegal if you cause major damage. You can go to prison up to 3 years.

How to defend yourself

You can defend yourself by restricting your skype friends. Do not give out your skype to people you don't trust. I also recommend you to not use your Minecraft username in your skype nickname or username. In that way hackers can search you up in "Find friends".
Also, use a VPN most of the times. If you're using windows and wanting a free VPN software, then download Sumrando.

Spear-Phise/Phise

Let's say that I got an email from a guy where it says, "Is this you on Facebook?" with a link. This is just a fake link that looks like Facebook's link, but with a slight difference, www.facebookk.com. There's an extra k. If I were to open a Facebook phise link it would ask me to log in. When you log in the password is saved in a txt file in his web-database. Well, if the user is clever and knows what he's doing, he's using spear-phise in the SET Toolkit. If he's doing the phise over a web hoster, you can report the link to the provider if you find out, and he will most likely get caught.

You need to be careful with links that looks fake.

Viruses

You have heard this name before. This is a bad thing when it comes to being online. Viruses can be trojans who is files that disguises itself into other files that seems harmless. I have not looked into viruses since it's very illegal. Some viruses can't be detected by your anti-virus programs, and some simply injects the anti-virus program making it out of function.
One of the most grim (In my opinion) viruses is RAT also known as "Remote Adminstrator Tool". Some uses RAT tools to access their computer when they're at holiday, but hackers uses it to spit on your private life. When you have a RAT on your computer, you're pretty much screwed. The owner of the virus can see exactly what happens on your computer, they can turn on your webcam, and even call your friends on Skype!

How to defend yourself

You should download AVG Anti-virus. Do not download any others. I downloaded Kapersky, and that messed up my computer. AVG Anti-virus scans EVERY download you make to see if it contains a virus. You can also scan your whole computer from tip to top to see if you have a virus.

Beef links

These is links that can in some way take over your computer if you know some Java coding well enough. If you're clicking a Beef link, the owner of the Beef can see it and do certain things. I have not been looking into these sorts of hacks, but I do know how to defend yourself.

How to defend yourself

If you really want to be safe, buy AVG Anti-Virus. It contains a superb firewall, link and email scanner and more.

And last, but not least, this is a message to the head adminstrators of MCGamer that has access to the MCGamer database.

MySQL-Injection

With a little bit of google dorks coding, (Not saying what code) you can find MySQL vulnerable sites that contains a MySQL error. I am almost 100% sure that there is no MySQL error on the MCGamer forums, but if there is and a hacker finds it, he can have access to the whole MCGamer forum database.

I hope you liked my tutorial, and please, point out if I missed something.

If there's a MCGamer staff that sees this, pin point it so we can raise the security on MCGamer.

Please keep in mind that avg anti-virus is free for 30 days. If you want link scanner, better firewall etc. then buy it. The free version only contains the ability to scan your computer and scan downloads.

I am not responsible if you look into these things I just listed and start doing it. It's your own actions, and I want you to know that this is illegal.

-Jcten

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
I wanted to know how to defend myself from MCSG hacker ;___;

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thread moved to the Community Guides forum.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
some guy on skype said all I needed for mod on Hive was to give him my credit card number, So i did.

jcten

Diamond
Reaction score
some guy on skype said all I needed for mod on Hive was to give him my credit card number, So i did.
Well, that's not very clever to be honest. Never give out credit card information. NEVER.

E

Ephiza

Good thread. I doubt a lot of people on mcsg knew about this stuff.

If you have a VPN, it's very unlikely someone can ddos you, since your IP is hidden.

Also thanks for the free vpn, I've been looking for one ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci