• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to solve some common NCP bugs

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
As people are getting annoyed about NCP blocking them do several things, here are some tips on how to get "unstuck":

Unable to move, getting thrown back to the same spot

Move backwards then move forwards. If that doesn't help, add in a bit of sneaking while moving backwards or forwards. Oh and don't try to sprint when going forwards, just walk normally. If you don't get flung backwards, then you can sprint.
Blocking with the sword and unblocking several times quickly
Unable to hit others

Switch the item you are using to another, it the player gets damage from that, go back to your main weapon, always have a backup weapon!

For the hit problem sometimes their body is somewhere else than where it looks like. try hitting to the sides/front/back of them but not directly at them and it can work.
If you know any other way, comment below.

Arrows get shot back at you

Its not NCP, just #BlameSpectator and #BlamePlugin and #BlameBukkit and #BlameMojang #BlameClank.... that should solve it . (not)

Illegal Move

As soon as you die, don't move for a few seconds. Or, log out of the server and re-join. (Who cares if they say "lol, rage quit", you just don't want to get a NCP ban ;) )
If NCP still bans you and you sent in an application for mod, don't worry, this will not lower your chances in getting mod!

Ghost Bug

Sometimes you are running around, hunger goes down and you try to eat, but for some reason it wont allow you. Or, you find a person and you are trying to attack him but you only see the hit boxes and he doesn't even notice you. This is the spooky ghost bug, a simple fix is /ghostfix or /gf. You'll then get teleported to a random place where you character got "stuck".

If you know any other NCP annoyances, comment below and I'll add it to the list and test around how to fix it.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As people are getting annoyed about NCP blocking them do several things, here are some tips on how to get "unstuck":
Unable to hit others
Run away from the player you are attacking. If the person who you tried attacking has awful gear, and you've ran for a long time and he is still chasing you, try hitting him again and see if you are unstuck. I believe the only way to get out of this is to wait it out, sorry.
If you know any other way, comment below.
My hit problems are kinda similar. Basically, i can get hits on people, but only every 3-4 seconds. Is this what you mean?

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
My hit problems are kinda similar. Basically, i can get hits on people, but only every 3-4 seconds. Is this what you mean?
Yes, this is when NCP blocks your hits, if you run > attack > get blocked > run > attack > etc etc

Dcl_Dcl_Dcl

Tribute
Reaction score
for the hit problem somtimes their body is somewhere else than where it looks like. try hitting to the sides/front/back of them but not directly at them and it can work.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
for the hit problem somtimes their body is somewhere else than where it looks like. try hitting to the sides/front/back of them but not directly at them and it can work.
Added, now it needs to be tested.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
I really hate it when specsget in the way of the arrows. it ruins the game. I can get like 20 arrows guy with awesome stuff runs after me so i jump in water and turn to shoot them to death but ohhh no specs stand right in the way "hahahah lets block this guys arrows for a bit of fun hahahah" I HATE YOU kind of poeple it makes the game so boring with bows

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
An additional solution to the being unable to move problem is to shoot an arrow at your feet.
what if you have no arrow or bow? i never really get these NCP things anyway. now and again i get the moving thing but i just crouch move and jump and it goes

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
what if you have no arrow or bow? i never really get these NCP things anyway. now and again i get the moving thing but i just crouch move and jump and it goes
The exact problem to my knowledge is this:
Yesterday, I believe two people I was talking to in TS (at different times) were saying they couldn't move because of NCP. A quick look at their character showed him blocking with his sword. Just blocking and unblocking a few times or putting away the sword fixes it (thus why shooting an arrow works - the act of switching to the bow is the real fix, not shooting the arrow.)

Other times, it can also be caused by the server thinking you're sneaking when you're not. Again, just hitting shift (or whatever your sneak key is) a few times will fix the issue and the server will recognize that you aren't sneaking anymore.

Every time I've ever gotten this glitch, I just block and sneak a few times and I'm fixed. Not once have I seen somebody have this problem for any other reason. Sadly, I believe getting "stuck" in sneak/block mode is a Minecraft bug, and you can't blame NCP for trying to stop hackers from sprinting around everywhere while blocking/sneaking.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
With the no-hit thing.
When the bug comes, quickly switch to the item next to your sword, punch them with whatever that is and then get your sword again.
Works for me everytime

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
With the no-hit thing.
When the bug comes, quickly switch to the item next to your sword, punch them with whatever that is and then get your sword again.
Works for me everytime
I totally forgot about that! Thx for posting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci