• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to solve some common NCP bugs

Olidood

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm not really sure if this should go here, but since I could see no 'Report Bug' sections, and this is a bug thread, I thought it should. I've been putting up with this bug for a while; When I jump into water that's at least 10 blocks away from me, (Which is to deep to cause harm.) Once I hit the surface, I get teleported back up to where I jumped. /and aswell as that, I take tons of damage. And if that doesn't kill me, Suddenly I'm back in the water , and I'm dead. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MyPictures

Spectator
Reaction score
Lag: One of the biggest problems (specially for sprinting/fighting) is the lag. If your client gets lag then it spams packets to the server which causes NoCheatPlus to freak out on you. Its already planned to make the NoCheatPlus checks more dynamic to be less aggressive if a player lags. If you get 1-5 second lag spikes then its unplayable for you to play Minecraft on that server anymore. Its also impossible to fight without getting blocked by NoCheatPlus because you try to hit someone 30+ times in 1 second because of lag.
So to have a smooth game-play please be always aware that your network connection is alright, Minecraft needs a good network connection if you play on servers.

Moving packet sending: The client does not always send the right moving packets to the server and sometimes they are so wrong that NC+ gives a small setback. That mossy happens if you jump or land on/from the block edges. We are not able to fix this in NC+, its a bug in Minecraft which can only be fixed by Mojang or Bukkit maybe.

Ghost/Freecam bug: NoCheatPlus doesn't modify anything that could cause such an issue. It could be a bug in Craftbukkit or plugins that modify packages (such as Orebfuscator).

Read more here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/tickets/320-erm-some-weird-freecam-bug/#c20

What does that /ghostfix do by the way? just teleporting around fixes that?

This bug could happen on:
- Bad network connection that could lose packages sometimes (Server and/or Client)
- Plugin that modifies packages (Orebfuscator, ProtocolLib, ...)

Illegal move check: This check is nothing that you should play around with, it protects the server from being crashed by a crash exploit hack by raising the y value to an insane high. What teleport plugin do you guys use? Adding a cool down to it could fix this (like Essentials tp).

How Fight checks of NoCheatPlus work: If you fail a fight check then NC+ will deny you to hit a entity for a small amount of time. If you continue hitting someone on this "blocked fight" time then your VL will rise and rise and rise. To simple avoid that just take a half second break and after that start hitting again.

Unable to hit someone: This depends on what check is preventing this (Combined_Improbable or Fight_Speed?). There are gaming mouses that have a inbuilt hardware clickbot that can click incredible fast to hit someone 3x faster then with a normal mouse. NC+ uses the default vanilla values for the Fight_Speed limit, it got tested by us (NC+ team) and after that approved for the public. We do not support such hack mouses (if you use one).
The default limit is 15 hits per second, everything that is above will get canceled by NoCheatPlus. Combined_Improbable is an other story but I need more info's to judge about that.

If a admin is really annoyed by this check the he/she can raise up the limit to 20 maybe, that allows a bit of cheat but could fix such things.

Unable to hit because of Combined_Improbable: There was an issue in the Fight_Yawrate check of NoCheatPlus, please update it to the latest version to fix this. Also don't forget to regenerate your configuration file.

You can get it here:
http://nocheatplus.org:8080/job/NoCheatPlus/

Or here:
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nocheatplus/files/42-nocheat-plus-3-8-7-beta-b294/

If you still get issues then you could raise up the limits a bit in the configuration file.

Being stuck in cobweb because it doesn't like you being in a block, so it'll teleport you back to the middle of the web when you're about to get out.
This was a Craftbukkit/Minecraft bug and has nothing to do with NoCheatPlus. However it should be fixed with Minecraft 1.4 now.
Wow that sounds horrible. However NC+ does not modifies or force the player to sneak/defend on the server side, could be an other plugin that causes this. Also it could be possible that server or/and client misses the "YouAreNotInSneakAnymorePacker" (not called like that but just to clarify) on bad connection which could cause this.
However I got an idea to make a hotfix for this in NC+: If player is sneaking/defending but his speed level is higher then default vanilla walking speed then force player out of sneak/defending. Lets see if we can do something here for you.
I have a bug that at random times everything..I mean everyone and everything is going hyperspeed like literally lol I am going soo fast and everything else is too, and this happens randomly and im just afraid that I will be kicked for like hacking or illegal move because of it =/ (maybe my internet just sucks :p)
Do the players like freeze for 1-5 seconds and after that they move like 20-30 blocks? If yes then you or the server has bad network connection which causes lag. NoCheatPlus could freak out on such things because moving 30 blocks in 1 second is illegal and should be blocked.
Anyone have a fix where when you take items out of a chest, they stay in your inventory for a short period of time and then go back into the chest? Recently i've been getting killed early into the game because of this... And the problem persists... I can take the same items out 20 times and it still won't register...
NoCheatPlus has a Fast_Click check which prevents hackers from using the "Chest stealer" hack to get all items at once. It shouldn't show up that much for normal players so check you network connection first.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Wow that sounds horrible. However NC+ does not modifies or force the player to sneak/defend on the server side, could be an other plugin that causes this. Also it could be possible that server or/and client misses the "YouAreNotInSneakAnymorePacker" (not called like that but just to clarify) on bad connection which could cause this.
However I got an idea to make a hotfix for this in NC+: If player is sneaking/defending but his speed level is higher then default vanilla walking speed then force player out of sneak/defending. Lets see if we can do something here for you.
Yeah, it's like I said - the cause for the bug, getting stuck sneaking/defending, wasn't NCP, but rather another plugin or Minecraft itself. I knew that much. :p
Although I do like your idea for a fix...personally, I haven't had this bug happen to me or seen it happen to others for a long while. Maybe it's fixed now? Not sure.

MyPictures

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah, it's like I said - the cause for the bug, getting stuck sneaking/defending, wasn't NCP, but rather another plugin or Minecraft itself. I knew that much. :p
Although I do like your idea for a fix...personally, I haven't had this bug happen to me or seen it happen to others for a long while. Maybe it's fixed now? Not sure.
Yea really strange. I think we could teach NC+ to force the player out of sneaking/defending if he walks over the speed limit. Lets see if that's possible somehow with the BukkitAPI...

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
Just get rid of or fix the same plugin, I shouldn't have to switch from my iron sword to wood one in the middle of a fight or stop on one heart while being chased.

PatPie65

Tribute
Reaction score
SOMEONE SHOW THE LEAFYGREENTEA VIDEO SO WE CAN SEE WHY WE NEED NCP (Noah's Cute Puppies)

dq

District 13
Reaction score
On Fortress Puke, I jumped into the water. And took 7 hearts of damage, then it teleported me straight up, and repeated it. I died, lost my iron, and diamonds. -.-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci