• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to write a great application: A guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacksonbanan

Platinum
Reaction score
Do not:
  • Do not harass the senior staff to look at your application. It may be instantly denied.
  • Do not use bright coloured text and difficult to read fonts.
  • Do not give us a huge story for ‘short’ questions such as name, age, etc.
  • Do not use the developer application
  • Do not have anyone help you with your application - it must be your own work.
  • Do not avoid telling us any of your alternate accounts
  • Do not avoid telling us about any of your offenses - it doesn’t hurt to even list anti-cheat bans.
  • Do be honest about any issues you have that you think will affect you. We’re very accepting, it won’t be as bad as you think.
  • Do not ask other staff/ex-staff members for their application for reference as we take plagiarism very seriously - KitMencha

The text I bolded should be in the "Do:" part

Great guy though!

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Very good guide Shelby, I think this will help myself and other applicants a whole lot more! I'll make sure to look at this guide when reapplying.

Nice work. :)

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
Do not:
  • Do not harass the senior staff to look at your application. It may be instantly denied.
  • Do not use bright coloured text and difficult to read fonts.
  • Do not give us a huge story for ‘short’ questions such as name, age, etc.
  • Do not use the developer application
  • Do not have anyone help you with your application - it must be your own work.
  • Do not avoid telling us any of your alternate accounts
  • Do not avoid telling us about any of your offenses - it doesn’t hurt to even list anti-cheat bans.
  • Do be honest about any issues you have that you think will affect you. We’re very accepting, it won’t be as bad as you think.
  • Do not ask other staff/ex-staff members for their application for reference as we take plagiarism very seriously - KitMencha

The text I bolded should be in the "Do:" part

Great guy though!
Fixed.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
While this is a great guide, some part of me is saying, "If they couldn't figure this out on their own, do they deserve to be Mod to begin with?"
You'd be surprised.

- All in all though, it was nice to wake up to such a positive response. Thankyou guys :)

Reaction score
I've never understood why it states that applicants should be 18 years of age +, yet 14 years of age + are accepted. Hardly any people aged 18 or over are moderators and there is a significant maturity difference of a 14 year old to an 18 year old, yes some can be maturer/less mature but we all know there is a big difference, even though some will argue otherwise. On top of this, which in my eyes already seems an age acception from 18 to 14 years, you then offer other age acceptions to 13 year olds? This seems to make no sense in my head, why not just lower the age restrictions in general rather than saying it's 18 + and making loads of other rules and acceptions around this?

Also I feel that the standards have dropped for recruiting - back when I became a mod and even before that, I think the senior mods were much more picky in applicants - which was in fact a good thing.

GibbyMC

Career
Reaction score
I think Might print this off and stick it to the wall beside my bed. :) thank you for making such a useful thread!

TheAfroNinja

Platinum
Reaction score
I've never understood why it states that applicants should be 18 years of age +, yet 14 years of age + are accepted. Hardly any people aged 18 or over are moderators and there is a significant maturity difference of a 14 year old to an 18 year old, yes some can be maturer/less mature but we all know there is a big difference, even though some will argue otherwise. On top of this, which in my eyes already seems an age acception from 18 to 14 years, you then offer other age acceptions to 13 year olds? This seems to make no sense in my head, why not just lower the age restrictions in general rather than saying it's 18 + and making loads of other rules and acceptions around this?

Also I feel that the standards have dropped for recruiting - back when I became a mod and even before that, I think the senior mods were much more picky in applicants - which was in fact a good thing.
The old requirement was 15+ and now it is 14+ after the recent requirement change...idk what you're on

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Conclusion:
Well then, now that you've read this thread.. go forth*, apply, and join the team!​
Sorry, I had to :p

Anyways, it's a great guide. Hopefully people follow it and make the lives of the Sr. Staff a little bit easier. Thanks for the hard work Shelby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci