• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Would You Punish Trashtalk?

How would you punish Trashtalkers?

• Punish with Mutes

Votes: 75 52.4%
  • Punish with Bans

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Another Punishment Plan (Please specify in the comments)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Trashtalk should not be punishable. People just need to learn to ignore it.

Votes: 43 30.1%

• Total voters

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I strongly dislike the whole notion of putting others down for personal gain. Who cares if it's in the heat of the moment, if you can't control yourself maybe you should learn to before taking part in intense activities.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Perm Ban. No i'm kidding but to be serious both a mute and ban. Say someone says ez they get muted for a day the first time a week the second time and then for three or more offenses maybe one day bans. Honeslty one reason I haven't played MCSG in a very long time ago is partially because of the trashtalk but also CSGO xD. Along time ago on MCSG maybe a half a year ago there was barely any trash talk at all and MCSG was so much fun but now even higher members of MCSG trash talk even some mods. I would like to see this happen in the future for MCSG because I believe it will help a lot just like the Hive and how trashtalk has down died a lot.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So I voted for this to not be punishable. You may ask "Why?" Well, trash-talking is a part of life. For the rest of your life there will be those few people who talk down to you, to bring you down. However, they usually do that because they have some doubt and anger within them and with that, they release it onto someone. They feel their way to release that anger is fine through the internet because it's towards someone they don't know and it won't really affect them in real life. However, when I say this will happen in the future, it will usually happen to people in real life (unless you spend a crap ton of time on the internet and that consumes most of your life). You have to learn to deal with the people who hate on you, additionally it's not like it's such a long term affect thing. They're like gg10 in one fight. All you have to do is leave, and it will all go away.

On a side note, if swearing comes into place then it should be punishable but none of that was not listed in the thread.

J

District 13
Reaction score
As much as I dislike trash talking, I feel it shouldn't deserve a ban for the player who is trash talking. My opinion is that the staff should hand out mutes such as
1 hour
6 hours
12 hours
1 day
3 days
5 days
Permanent
Or any other way they feel it should be.
Personally, I think MCGamer should try and use a few ways that Badlion uses to deal with trash talkers, they're methods work very well.

Dj_Quik

Platinum
Reaction score
Its mcsg, its one of the most competitive survival games servers, and we are going to start punishing for trashtalking, this is why i quit playing.. mcsg is going downhill with stupid stuff like this. mutes for typing gg10? so i geuss telling someone how many hearts you're at is trash talking now?...

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Bans are out of the question. It just seems to unreasonable.
Mutes seem like they might work, but we have to consider whether it would be efficient or not. Even having a plugin that mutes people who say "eZ" seems like overkill.

I believe the best way to tackle the problem is to just have a way to keep it from delivering. Let's take two scenarios:

Scenario 1
A player is having a bad day. They are playing MCSG.
A tryhard comes up and kills them. "l2p noob" soon appears in the chat.
A mute won't help in this case. The damage is done, and justice doesn't necessarily help anyone.
That's like a person shooting someone and being arrested. Even though the person's in jail, someone still ends up hurt or worse.
An eye for an eye won't work.

Scenario 2
A player is having a bad day. They are playing MCSG.
A tryhard comes up and kills them. They try to type "l2p noob," but nothing shows up.
The player notices the tryhard is just standing there, probably typing. But does it matter? No, because the words haven't been said.

We need to fight the problem from the root, and that means stopping trashtalk before it happens.
Because if mutes started being passed out for any trash talkers, the problem would still exist.

Let's say this was hacking. Do we try to ban all the hackers, or make a perfect NCP? The answer is clear.

Even with a different problem, there should be a way to discourage users from being so rude. The standards for behavior need to be raised, and that starts by getting rid of the bad. Only then can people really start to think positive about other members.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
But let's assume for a moment that the network does have a policy against trash talk, and we do start punishing players. How would you want those trash talking players to be punished?
Lets assume for a moment the next announcement will be trash talk. (I can see where this is going)

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
We should have a 10 second chat cooldown after a kill so ppl can leave before trash talk can be said.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
"I hate it all" while the other side tells that side, "deal with it".
No, I don't believe trash talking should be allowed as it gives a negative connotation to people and just causes unnecessary flame, I just need to use this GIF.

Leafed

Career
Reaction score
People need to be less sensitive about chat in a video game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci