• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I know there's others, but I'm working on a desert map

Status
Not open for further replies.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I made a point somewhere (not sure if it was this thread or not...) about how I get frustrated with desert builds always having pyramids and I personally view them as a bit of a space filler so I've challenged myself to build this map without a pyramid. Given that I only have a small chunk of town left to build I don't think I'd even have space for a pyramid.
It is wierd with some buildings as corn >8(

KittyToothpaste

Spectator
Reaction score
Looks kinda crappy, but the second picture is nice, just a little junky in a small part of it. There's too much color is that area. And the use of birch wood planks on the buildings wasn't a good idea. The cornucopia looks a little weak.

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
Looks kinda crappy, but the second picture is nice, just a little junky in a small part of it. There's too much color is that area. And the use of birch wood planks on the buildings wasn't a good idea. The cornucopia looks a little weak.

I've built others in the town with normal wood. I'm not sure which I like better just yet but if you reckon the birch planks look bad then chances are others will too. I'll go change it to normal wood in a bit...
Thanks for the feedback :)

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
I like it, it is better than anything I could ever make.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've built others in the town with normal wood. I'm not sure which I like better just yet but if you reckon the birch planks look bad then chances are others will too. I'll go change it to normal wood in a bit...
Thanks for the feedback :)
Sandstone. Not more to say.

Reaction score
Honestly, my personal opinion on your map is that it looks like a giant pile of world edit and voxel sniper.. Just me though.

Pixie

Spectator
Reaction score
Honestly, my personal opinion on your map is that it looks like a giant pile of world edit and voxel sniper.. Just me though.
That's pretty much what the 1st Survival Games map is, and that one is largely covered by one style of terrain with the odd feature here or there. Also, am I expected to landscape without using such tools?

Reaction score
That's pretty much what the 1st Survival Games map is, and that one is largely covered by one style of terrain with the odd feature here or there. Also, am I expected to landscape without using such tools?
Yeah, you cant landscape without those tools, but its just so blatnat that you used the sphere tool in your temple, and its so blatant that you used a flat world, and you dumped sand all over it. i dont mean to hate, but i just think that you should make it a little less obious,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci