• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I miss the old MCSG

BlazeMaster

Career
Reaction score
You said when everone wanted to join Slimearmy..that wasn't to long ago, when people refer to the older days, while some do refer to MCSG v1 in general, most of us Vets refer to the days when the only maps on MCSG were SG1 and 2. While MCSG v2 wasn't such a disappointment in the end, I do miss the good old days.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I miss the old days because there weren't as many hackers, there was no such thing as a bacca, and everyone (except me) knew how to play. (I know how to play now) xD. It was much better in my opinion, back in like August a d September. It is still good now, but it feels as though MCSG is being held together by strings.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I hated the old days, because there was no AU... not even Singapore..

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
I wasn't playing on these servers in "the old days", but I did play Hunger Games when it first started, when SG1 was the only map there was. It was all more simple back then :)

TaiserRY

Career
Reaction score
ERMAHGERD DEM FEELS ARE IMMENSE JUST MENTIONING THE OLD MCSG LAST SUMMER.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The only thing i miss is SG4 and Teweran SG2 being overplayed:( one of the only good new maps is Rugged Lands

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I guess the view of 'the old days' is brought upon by two different things: Change and experience.

Back in the day, we were all nubs. None of us knew exactly what we were doing. Every game was a source of discovery and amazing stories. Everything was new. Then we started getting better and better, forming routes and strategies, getting better at PvP. Then every game became similar, and you learned less and less every time. The game became less of an experience.

Changes also brought small deviations from the way things were. They made it easier to survive, though our experience also made it easier to survive. More maps came out, easily conquered and routed by us. Now the Hub and swarms of new players to massive amounts of servers have made MCSG quite the popular party.

The only way to 'bring back the old days' is to wipe your mind, forget about the old days, forget about how pro you are, and to play like you're a noob once again. Discover new things about the maps on your own. Get off the beaten path like you used to. Get lost. Your enjoyment and your nostalgia will skyrocket. It'll become quite the experience yet again.

PresidentAbe

Survivor
Reaction score
Too many threads like this.... It's going to be virtually impossible to bring back the "good ol days" when mcsg has a MUCH LARGER community.

Btw Pixelator I remember that message ;3 I was there.

sooddiso

Experienced
Reaction score
I miss the days when it was just, sg 1-4, teweran 1, breeze, skyland, mcsg ruins, solar frost, hungry hills, overgrown and yellowstone! :)

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Do you guys remember how bad MCSGv1 used to be? The lag used to be insane and do I need to mention NCP? Anyway most of the things you miss are now impossible. It's the same way you miss a canceled TV show, or a old movie you used to love. It was great at the time, but if you go back, it may not be the same as you remember it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci