• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea on Rewards for Reporting Hackers.

Good Idea?

• Yes, the concept is good.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Nope, I do not like the concept.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Yes, with tweaks.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Well, we all hate hackers, don't we? My idea is to give a small reward for successfully reporting hackers. I know the reason that this has yet to be implemented is because reporting hackers is supposed to "help the community". But why can't you encourage helping the community/servers by giving a small in-game reward. No, I am not talking a stone sword at the start or something like that, I am talking maybe a point system type of thing.

Example: LeafyGreenTea reports 10 hackers successfully, and if 1 hackers was worth 2 points then he would have 20 points.
With these points you could buy different stuff in a separate shop like maybe for 10 points you could buy a speed boost in the hub or for 20 points you could buy lifetime lasting golden armor in spectator mode and in the lobby to show your dedication to the server and for 100 points diamond armor in spectator mode and in the lobby. These would be rewards for helping the servers. How these points are given is maybe by mods who can give points to the players who successfully reported hackers.

This is my idea of a way to get small rewards that can add up for reporting hackers and helping the server. If you have any suggestion then put them in the comments!

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is like communism... in theory it looks like its going to work, yet I doubt it will.
People will report randoms for bs reasons, etc

R3vVolution

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This seems like a really good idea. A problem that I see is that a mod could be too lazy to give points to the player who reported the hacker. Unless it was automated.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
This seems like a really good idea. A problem that I see is that a mod could be too lazy to give points to the player who reported the hacker. Unless it was automated.
But if a mod did that, they would be punished, just like if a mod doesnt ban a hacker.

TimmaaaaH

Platinum
Reaction score
This is like communism... in theory it looks like its going to work, yet I doubt it will.
People will report randoms for bs reasons, etc
You have no idea how this is going to turn out, rewarding people usually pays off, and if MCGamer can spare the reward they absolutely should start doing this. Kind of stupid to compare such a subject to communism, considering it has absolutely nothing to do with this subject.

Thing is, reporting a hacker is a very social and nice thing to do, since the hacker you are getting banned is extremely likely to ruin 100s of other players' games. When you prevent such a thing, you deserve acknowledgement for your help, MCGamer should indeed reward these people by giving them something of value or something that feels like it carries any value (capes, outfits, etc). Also having a record of the amount of players this person has succesfully reported should be importance, since it's official ad it will make the person reporting these people more acknowledged or proud of his help.

But if you truly want to encourage people to do something it should be by offering money, money has always proven the number 1 motivator and people will start being a good social asset to this community. It really doesn't have to be much, probably $0,10 would already do would do an amazing job. I know some people will instantly think that this won't be profitable for MCGamer, but really, most of the new SG Players will go to the best server, if MCGamer has the least amount of hackers the majority will go to MCGamer.
Besides, even if someone bans 10 players a day he would only get $1, ofcourse the amount of money per ban is debatable.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
You have no idea how this is going to turn out, rewarding people usually pays off, and if MCGamer can spare the reward they absolutely should start doing this. Kind of stupid to compare such a subject to communism, considering it has absolutely nothing to do with this subject.

Thing is, reporting a hacker is a very social and nice thing to do, since the hacker you are getting banned is extremely likely to ruin 100s of other players' games. When you prevent such a thing, you deserve acknowledgement for your help, MCGamer should indeed reward these people by giving them something of value or something that feels like it carries any value (capes, outfits, etc). Also having a record of the amount of players this person has succesfully reported should be importance, since it's official ad it will make the person reporting these people more acknowledged or proud of his help.

But if you truly want to encourage people to do something it should be by offering money, money has always proven the number 1 motivator and people will start being a good social asset to this community. It really doesn't have to be much, probably $0,10 would already do would do an amazing job. I know some people will instantly think that this won't be profitable for MCGamer, but really, most of the new SG Players will go to the best server, if MCGamer has the least amount of hackers the majority will go to MCGamer.
Besides, even if someone bans 10 players a day he would only get $1, ofcourse the amount of money per ban is debatable.
Yes, but money would be a big problem...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci