• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Idea on Rewards for Reporting Hackers.

Good Idea?

• Yes, the concept is good.

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Nope, I do not like the concept.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Yes, with tweaks.

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
We do not tell players whether a player has been banned or not for privacy reasons. Because of that I don't see how this idea could work.
Ummm, you don't tell people but people could easily figure out if they go to the leaderboards and look at the little stat thing.

Bob_Dib

Tribute
Reaction score
This is like communism... in theory it looks like its going to work, yet I doubt it will.
People will report randoms for bs reasons, etc
Hey, Bob_Dib here. There is nothing wrong in saying that "in theory it looks like its going to work, yet I doubt it will." This is a valid response to the idea of getting rewards for reporting peeps. Yeah, maybe somebody might try to abuse the command by continuously typing /report to try to get tons of points towards the in-game shop. However, when somebody types /report in-game, it does not automatically ban the player. The report goes directly to the mods on the server. The mods then either spectate the hacker, or see if their spamming, etc. The moderator would then have the final say on how this player shall be punished.

Hopefully, this helped to change your opinion, and let's hope it's implemented in the future.
-Bob_Dib

Bob_Dib

Tribute
Reaction score
Hey Peeps, Bob_Dib here.

I think that rewarding people for reporting hackers, spammers, etc. is a great idea. Now that they have implemented the in-game shop, there is a perfect system that the points could go to. With this system, if players were dedicated to getting points, I'm sure they would report a hacker if they knew that the points that they recieved would go to buying a pet chicken in the hub (Cause chickens are the best). As some people have brought up, people may try to abuse this, but of course, mods would review the report and then reward the player if they were telling the truth. I think that this is awesome, and I will support this being put in to place.

Hope this helped!
-Bob_Dib

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, excluding my Moderator rank.

I believe that rewarding users for reporting should be implemented, but it can't be too extreme. I had an idea that went something like this; If a user reports 10 'hackers' and those 10 have been reported correctly. (Unlisted evidence on the video sharing site. Correct Template. etc.) They would receive a reward such as 1 MCGamer credit, these credits are very valuable as they go towards buying a pet, or a hat. I feel if this idea is implemented, people will start to report more frequently and inevitably reducing the amount of hackers.
Saying that though, there are not a lot of hackers. Most people are perceived by the complaint threads and then get put into a mentality that in every server there is a hacker.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, excluding my Moderator rank.

I believe that rewarding users for reporting should be implemented, but it can't be too extreme. I had an idea that went something like this; If a user reports 10 'hackers' and those 10 have been reported correctly. (Unlisted evidence on the video sharing site. Correct Template. etc.) They would receive a reward such as 1 MCGamer credit, these credits are very valuable as they go towards buying a pet, or a hat. I feel if this idea is implemented, people will start to report more frequently and inevitably reducing the amount of hackers.
Saying that though, there are not a lot of hackers. Most people are perceived by the complaint threads and then get put into a mentality that in every server there is a hacker.
Yes, I agree the reward should be minimal, because it will just give some kind of real reward for helping the server in a big way.

CodSoGood

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes. But there are a few flaws.
1. People are going to posts reports that they are fake.
2. They are going to record everything and say "I thought they were hacking."
More rewards
2000 points iron donor
100000 points gold Donor
2000 for /fly in the hub
(Goes by 10 points per report)

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
I definitely agree that they need some kind of intensive for not only players to report hackers, but also moderators to actively find/punish them. I think it would really just motivate the entire community and the results would follow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci