• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If changing your regedit values is allowed, why isn't gamma?

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
So, I've been wondering, why would changing your gamma not be allowed, but screwing with your regedit values would be?

They are both similar in that everyone can do them, but not everyone can be bothered/knows how to.

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
Gamma gives a view advantage, regedit gives kb advantage, and they both are things allowed and dealt with on most mc servers, mcsg has to be different and allows regedit but not gamma, no one knows why.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Shhh! We don't want inexperienced 10 year-olds breaking their parents' computer by messing up the values.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, the main reason is because not as many people know what the specific regedit process is, and I'd be suprised if the Sr. Staff knew what the values were. Adding onto that, you can't exactly tell if someone has changed them, and the effect varies. The main reason people did this was on pot servers to reduce potlag, it usually doesn't affect your knockback at all (unless you have a bad connection to your router, in that case it'll improve that a ton and the difference will help you out a little bit knockback wise)

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
I've had no knowledge of these values before this thread.
catch up on the times m9
Well, the main reason is because not as many people know what the specific regedit process is, and I'd be suprised if the Sr. Staff knew what the values were. Adding onto that, you can't exactly tell if someone has changed them, and the effect varies. The main reason people did this was on pot servers to reduce potlag, it usually doesn't affect your knockback at all (unless you have a bad connection to your router, in that case it'll improve that a ton and the difference will help you out a little bit knockback wise)
Notice how they both take upwards KB and not normal kb

stimpy is taking much less kb than Cringed is

DarkInferno is taking practically 0 kb compared to Stimpy

Combo is taking much less kB than dj

Last vid.
Stimpy is taking much less KB than Combo in this video (Stimpy used regedit for a while)

Reaction score
I don't think Stimp uses it that much, but idk. The kb is rlly weird because of the ncp (mcsg). Like when you're fighting someone on the ground they go flying, but trying to knock them up when they're coming up a choke point is immposible.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
catch up on the times m9

Notice how they both take upwards KB and not normal kb

stimpy is taking much less kb than Cringed is

DarkInferno is taking practically 0 kb compared to Stimpy

Combo is taking much less kB than dj

Last vid.
Stimpy is taking much less KB than Combo in this video (Stimpy used regedit for a while)
Yup, it helps for some. At my mom's house, it hardly affects my knockback at all, however at my dad's I could really tell the difference. However the more noticeable differences were the significant drop in router-related problems :p

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't think Stimp uses it that much, but idk. The kb is rlly weird because of the ncp (mcsg). Like when you're fighting someone on the ground they go flying, but trying to knock them up when they're coming up a choke point is immposible.
According to Oculism
he used it for a while.

Todadile set it to like 99 and crashed like 8 times every time he wanted to play -.-

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey man, you are known for being a mod actually competent, do you approve this policy taken by mcgamer of accepting these forum tryhards who in most cases barely know how to detect hacks, instead of adding to the stuff team real experianced players?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hey man, you are known for being a mod actually competent, do you approve this policy taken by mcgamer of accepting these forum tryhards who in most cases barely know how to detect hacks, instead of adding to the stuff team real experianced players?
Honestly the mod application should have an entire section dedicated to hacking identification.
According to Oculism
he used it for a while.

Todadile set it to like 99 and crashed like 8 times every time he wanted to play -.-
^ true

The harder you smash A and D and the better your latency, the better your hits therefore the more successful you are in potion

Edit: Since I'm not an HCF player, I find regedit helpful especially in MCSG because the less backwards knockback you take, the better time you'll have getting combos.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci