• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

If changing your regedit values is allowed, why isn't gamma?

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
GUYS I SWEAR REGEDIT TURNS YOU INTO GOD ITSELF I THINK YOU REALLY REALLY SHOULD CONSIDER USING IT

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Wait so you're saying modded clients aren't allowed (besides obvious ones) and since you group increasing gamma with modded clients, why would light-packs be allowed??

got'm
A Resource Pack is categorized under something else.
It's not a modded client.

Modded = Modified

Resource Packs change the aesthetic aspect of the game. Altering gamma, however, is changing the actual code manually.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that many people (including myself!) have had several discussions in the past on the point of Increased Gamma versus Bright Resource Packs.

I'm not saying that I approve of the exact rules, I'm simply explaining the rules and why they exist.

I'd add that mcsg cant prevent the use of any kind of mod, allowed and not allowed, as long they are used by not complete retards
We can prevent Better Sprint Mod.
;)

Got'em

And also, who knows? There might be a change in policy concerning this regedit thing. The rules, although they may seem like they are set in stone, can change if the administration team decides that the rule(s) are not up to par.

except that regedit's effect is far more gamebreaking than gamma's
Like I said above - I'm not saying that I approve of the rules, I'm simply explaining them.

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score

Modded = Modified

Resource Packs change the aesthetic aspect of the game. Altering gamma, however, is changing the actual code manually.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that many people (including myself!) have had several discussions in the past on the point of Increased Gamma versus Bright Resource Packs.

I'm not saying that I approve of the exact rules, I'm simply explaining the rules and why they exist.

We can prevent Better Sprint Mod.
;)

Got'em

And also, who knows? There might be a change in policy concerning this regedit thing. The rules, although they may seem like they are set in stone, can change if the administration team decides that the rule(s) are not up to par.

Like I said above - I'm not saying that I approve of the rules, I'm simply explaining them.
Yeah. Think about it. Who uses bsm anymore? With 1.7 it became useless, and now think about the amount of clients, and mods that are being used even right know, that are rule-breaking. Also XAC is pretty dumb imo, the concept of spawning an entity above the player whilst he opens a chest itself is inaccurate.

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
Yeah. Think about it. Who uses bsm anymore? With 1.7 became useless, and no think about the amount of clients, and mods that are being used even right know, that are rule-breaking. Also XAC is pretty dumb imo, the concept of spawning an entity above the player whilst he opens a chest itself is inaccurate.
I actually prefer the 1.7 sprint to toggle sprint, because it is easier to reset the sprint to combo.

Diamond
Reaction score
as much as i wouldnt mind it happening the only problem with making regedit not allowed on mcsg is how are you going to catch someone using it other than admitting... you could record anyone getting a combo and say they are using regedit (i dont know how it works)

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
as much as i wouldnt mind it happening the only problem with making regedit not allowed on mcsg is how are you going to catch someone using it other than admitting... you could record anyone getting a combo and say they are using regedit (i dont know how it works)
the most common effects

reducing latency

reducing KB

the same way they can't catch people using Gamma, but it is still against the rules.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score

Modded = Modified

You can change the gamma in a texturepack durp

Diamond
Reaction score
the most common effects

reducing latency

reducing KB

the same way they can't catch people using Gamma, but it is still against the rules.
except people will record/take screenshots using the increased gamma. there is basically no way to ban someone for the use of regedit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci